need belt options

This is a discussion on need belt options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ok, i wasn't going to start another post, but i searched this place for 2 hours and didn't find much. and im sorry for the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need belt options

need belt options

ok, i wasn't going to start another post, but i searched this place for 2 hours and didn't find much. and im sorry for the noob post.

ok, i have a galco owb holster with 1 3/4" loops on it. i measured all of my jeans, and a 1 3/4 belt will fit them. i am looking for a sturdy belt. i have read over and over on this forum that beltman rocks, but the price tag of $80 isn't looking promising with my wife. i explained to her the importance of a good belt, but didn't get far with it. you have no idea how hard it was to get my glock 19, and i found this holster on ebay and won it for $32 shipped.

so what i need are some suggestions on less expensive belts. my conceal license is due in any day now, and my current belts are junk dress belts.

i was wondering about instructor belts, are they any good, plus i know there are belts out there in the 40 dollar range aren't there?

i will still try to get a beltman if i can, but it's not looking good so far.

thanks in advance,
    russell

2. Remove Ads

kpw
    That looks like a single layer belt. With the lighter Glock, it will work ok for a while but you'll find as it stretches, you will be cinching your belt tighter to make up for the sag. The Wilderness Instructor belts are great for the money. I've got a 5 stitch and a CSM and I like them both. I think they'd be a better alternative to any single layer belt.

Check out Looper belts. They run about $30.
    KydexBelt
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I'd guess that a 1 1/2" belt is the most popular with jeans.....

With a good, double layer gun belt unless you're carrying a really heavy weapon (the Glock isn't) and a lot of extra stuff (think LEO duty belt), you'll prob find that size will meet your casual wear needs.

A good 1 1/4" belt will support your Glock just fine if you want something a little dressier.

BTW.....a good belt (like a beltman) will last a long, long time.....

i just purchased the wilderness instructor belt with the 5 stitch extra reinforcement, and it only cost about $60 with shipping. that's about as cheap as it gets for a functional gun belt i'm afraid--trust me, i only make $9/hour and i've been looking for a minute.

EDIT: what? loopers belts for $30? can private parties order them? it looks like you have to be a business or something from their order form. i will definitely be trying the kydex/leather belt in brown if i can order it, and if that works out then i'll be getting the black. i don't need it to last FOREVER, just long enough for me to afford one that will last forever lol.

I've read good things about the Looper belt. It's reinforced, 1 1/2" wide and looks like a normal belt unlike the Wilderness belts. If I didn't need velcro on the inside of my belt the Looper would be the one I'd get.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    People really like wilderness belts, I personally do not because they look like I'm going on a camping trip, but if you don't care about looks, they are stiff and they are easy and they are less expensive than other options. Bottom line, a wilderness belt is " A O.K."
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by mrhutch View Post
    i just purchased the wilderness instructor belt with the 5 stitch extra reinforcement, and it only cost about $60 with shipping. that's about as cheap as it gets for a functional gun belt i'm afraid--trust me, i only make $9/hour and i've been looking for a minute.

EDIT: what? loopers belts for $30? can private parties order them? it looks like you have to be a business or something from their order form. i will definitely be trying the kydex/leather belt in brown if i can order it, and if that works out then i'll be getting the black. i don't need it to last FOREVER, just long enough for me to afford one that will last forever lol.
    Here is another link to Looper where you can order the belt for $30.00 Looper Reinforced Holster Belt
    These are 1-1/2" wide belts, but you can probably order other widths if you want.

Another good belt, although more expensive (about $70) is the Liger. I have two Liger belts and really like them although the buckle takes some getting used to.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I have a Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt, which very comfortably holds a Ruger SP101 in an owb. I would imagine it would work well with the Glock as well. Anything heavier I would want the additional stiffener, but mine is just the 5-stitch. Thirty bucks plus shipping. Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

Nice Milt Sparks just popped up in the For Sale forum...
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

well i decided on an instructor belt. i went to my local gun range, and they had one in stock. it was soft, but still very strudy especially up and down. the owner said they were good belts, and showed me the one he was wearing. it was 32 dollars with tax, so it was a good deal for me.

as for looks, i dont care. i will conceal only since oklahoma isnt open carry. and im all about comfort anyways.

i really appreciate the help everyone.

russell

ok, well im running into some problems with owb. im 6 foot tall and weigh 245 pounds. my waist is about 40 inches, but the problem is my "love handles" :)

when i carry a high riding holster the bottom of the holster is going in with my waist, but the top of the holster is sticking out since my side is much wider than my waist. it seems that my glaco holster even when secured with a good belt prints through virtually everything.

has anyone else had this problem? im thinking that if i go with a lower riding iwb holster, it will eliminate the problem. i let my belt sag until the top of my holster was even with my belt line, and then tucked my owb holster inside my pants, and it was virtually invisable even with a t-shirt on. the "love handle" stuck out farther than the grip of the gun.

obviously i need to lose some weight, but i want to feel confident with my concealment until then.

so if anyone else has any ideas/ pictures they would be greatly appreciated.

russell

oh, i also got my concealed handgun permit in today. i also made my innogural trip to wal-mart, so im official.

I just ordered two Looper's...they should be here on Monday or Tuesday...I'll give you a 'personal' eval...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Here's what you're looking for...

MidwayUSA - Uncle Mike's Reinforced Instructors Belt 1-1/2" Wide Polymer Reinforced Nylon Black 32"-36"

I have one of these and it gets worn more with my jeans than any other gun belt in my wardrobe (Sparks, Beltman, Fist). Easily and comfortably supports a holstered weapon (and I'm too old school to wear tactical tupperware, so these are all-metal guns) and cheap!

HTH

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    Check out Looper belts. They run about $30.
    KydexBelt
    I bought a looper while I was waiting for my beltman order to arrive.

Now that i have both, I can clearly see the beltman is better... But the looper is still head-and-shoulders above most anything you can buy off the shelf, and I would have no problems recommending it...

I still wear the looper on occasion, even though I've got a couple of beltman belts now. If I'm dressing up, it's one of the beltman's (the sharkskin looks incredible)... but on jeans days, the looper works great, and is very comfortable, even when I carry a full sized 1911. ... And even dressed up, it worked quite well until the beltman order got here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links