P-90 holster

This is a discussion on P-90 holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok guys, I need to pick your brains a little. I called and checked on my concealed handgun permit. They said it should be here ...

Thread: P-90 holster

P-90 holster

Ok guys, I need to pick your brains a little. I called and checked on my concealed handgun permit. They said it should be here in the next couple days. So, now I need options on holsters. I have the option of carrying a .357 small frame revolver, but would prefer my ruger P-90. Any ideas on a holster would be appeciated. I want something to go inside my pants waist. My belly is a little big and my waist is small so it shouldn't bulge out to much. Pictures would be appreciated and if someone has something that they think will work, let me know. I would rather buy something from the people on this forum than go out and buy it somewhere else. Thanks in advance! BTW, I have looked at some holsters, but I wanted to see what experienced people have to say.
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by centermass View Post
    Ok guys, I need to pick your brains a little. I called and checked on my concealed handgun permit. They said it should be here in the next couple days. So, now I need options on holsters. I have the option of carrying a .357 small frame revolver, but would prefer my ruger P-90. Any ideas on a holster would be appeciated. I want something to go inside my pants waist. My belly is a little big and my waist is small so it shouldn't bulge out to much. Pictures would be appreciated and if someone has something that they think will work, let me know. I would rather buy something from the people on this forum than go out and buy it somewhere else. Thanks in advance! BTW, I have looked at some holsters, but I wanted to see what experienced people have to say.
    I to have a little bit of a spare tire, I carry IWB in a BH2 from Rick Waltner Holsters It has worked great for me with my Glock 30.
    Here are a couple pics.

Hope you find something that works for you. There's nothing better then a well built custom holster.
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

That's the basic design that I'm looking for. I just worry about my gun slipping out and hitting the floor without a strap. I know that it would be a little more time consuming if I had to pull in a hurry, but I don't want it coming out in the middle of McDonalds. I think that kind of holster will be what I end up getting. Thank you for your reply.
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

That's the basic design that I'm looking for. I just worry about my gun slipping out and hitting the floor without a strap. I know that it would be a little more time consuming if I had to pull in a hurry, but I don't want it coming out in the middle of McDonalds. I think that kind of holster will be what I end up getting. Thank you for your reply.
    I don't think you will need to worry about the gun falling out.
    Two reasons, first and foremost the holster is molded to your gun and it will be a good tight fit, second it will be IWB that means your good gun belt will be putting pressure across the holster. You can shake me up side down and I know my gun isn't going anywhere. 99.9 % of all concealed carry holsters are open top, be it IWB or OWB. If your going to conceal carry, you want instant access to your gun. The less you need to think about the better, IE restraining straps and the like.
    Longbow
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

I carry my Ruger P345 in this: Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster :: Inside Waist Band :: Holsters :: Blade-Tech Industries

You don't have to worry about it slipping out because there's an adjustment screw. If you really want to, you can make it so tight that you will be unable to pull it out at all I also have their spare mag holder, and it has a similar screw adjustment.

Even though they have different part numbers, the P90 mags work in the P345 and vice-versa. I know because I've interchanged them at the range before. IIRC the P345 mags hold one more round though (8 instead of 7).
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

BAC
    Am I the only one that thought FN P90 when reading the thread title?

-B

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Am I the only one that thought FN P90 when reading the thread title?
    I've only used that P90 in video games Actually I was just using it this morning in Call of Duty 4.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

BAC
    I'm familiar with that game. Great graphics. Might even be good at it one day. Anyway, I have every intention of owning one one day, even if it's only an SBR'd PS90. Damn my irrepressible lust for that thing...

Longbow, thanks for the pictures. You mighta just sold a BH2 to my dad, if he doesn't go with the hybrid leather/kydex style.

-B

Links