First Look; Tucker Silent Thunder IWB

This is a discussion on First Look; Tucker Silent Thunder IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a couple of the new Silent Thunder holsters from Tucker Gunleather a few weeks ago. I have been astonished at how incredibly smooth ...

Thread: First Look; Tucker Silent Thunder IWB

I ordered a couple of the new Silent Thunder holsters from Tucker Gunleather a few weeks ago. I have been astonished at how incredibly smooth the drawstroke is. It is, amazingly, the fastest and smoothest drawing holster I've tried. The IWB is based on the "Cover Up" and is en exersize in minimalism. It's now my "car holster;" stays in my console and goes easily off and on for errands and short trips. It's tuckable and doesn't pinch your shirt, thanks to the large leather washer between the clip and the holster.
    The kydex is .093 extremely high quality stuff from Garrett Industries and the leather is super thin, 3/32" Hermann Oak cowhide, and cannot delaminate from the kydex. The leather is internally boned and cradles my 1911 like a glove. Love it!

"Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

How stable is it? I just haven't had any luck with single clip IWB holsters with anything other than the lightest of guns.......

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    How stable is it? I just haven't had any luck with single clip IWB holsters with anything other than the lightest of guns.......
    Thats what i was thinking as well, thats why I am now a crossbread believer.
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

Looks nice, but the one clip, concerns me about stability, as the others have mentioned.

Looks good. I recently (about a month ago) got a "Cover Up" from Tucker (looks the same as the one in this thread, except it's leather) and have been very pleased.

I have not noticed any problems with stability resulting from a single clip. It does have a little more play than my Milt Sparks SSII. However, since I bought it to experiment with "appendix" carry, a little play is a good thing. I would add that the clip itself stays exactly where I put it, the only play is where it pivots slightly on the clip's screw.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

The Cover Up has a distinct advantage in that it is rough-out leather and therefore grips everything and is extremely stable. The trick to stabilty with either the Cover Up, or the Silent Thunder IWB, is lock titing the screw so the clip doesn't move and a good gunbelt. The clips are size-specific and over a good, two ply gunbelt, are very stabile.

This holster is never going to replace my Answer for all day carry. But, it provides an excellent solution to the quick and easy off and on. With any of the "fore/aft" holsters; MS VMII, Crossbreed, Answer, Minotuar, etc, you are stuck loosening the belt and pants to put them on. The ST IWB doesn't require any of this wrestling.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

Links