Pocket Carry issues, HELP!

This is a discussion on Pocket Carry issues, HELP! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I recently bought a Taurus 85. Pocket carry is the main reason for buying this gun. The problem is this. I wear Wrangler jeans. ...

Thread: Pocket Carry issues, HELP!

Pocket Carry issues, HELP!

So, I recently bought a Taurus 85. Pocket carry is the main reason for buying this gun. The problem is this. I wear Wrangler jeans. Not like the kind you buy at Wal-Mart, but the cowboy kind. I've always worn them and never had a problem w/ carrying my G23 IWB. Is pocket carry going to be out of the question for me? I'm on a limited budget so that rules out some pocket holsters. The main reason for me to pocket carry is when the wife and I go out I normally wear Cinch Jeans(like Wranglers, just a little looser) and a nice tucked in button up shirt. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    God Bless America!!

2. Remove Ads

I find pocket carry to be tough in jeans. The only gun I can get away with it is my Keltec P-3AT. Carrying my Snub & PM9 works well in cargo pants. If your stuck on those jeans and the Taurus doesn't work, you may have to consider a tuckable iwb holster. Though, they usually print badly on me.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Could you try buying a bigger size of pants?
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Everything I own is already 1 size bigger.
    God Bless America!!

If your going to pocket carry you need loose fitting jeans that have big pockets. Tight fitting jeans and pants will make your handgun print. I would wearing something with cargo pockets, or a tuckable IWB holster.
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

I wear Lee Dungaree Carpenter Jeans when I wear blue jeans, so this may be of no help. However, the S&W 340 M&P fits great in a pocket holster in one of the front pockets. I first had an Uncle Mike's but felt that the rolled-over seams and squared-off corner printed too much. I now use a Mika Round Cut... no printing and it works great. Both holsters were very affordable, too... around $20 each.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Slanted pockets usually work better for pocket carry. Cargo pants, carpenter pants, Dockers, etc.

These answers are as good as you're going to get - looser pants/bigger pockets, slanted pockets, Mika pocket holster.

When I wear my 13MWZ's I do not pocket carry.

I move the BUG to my boot or Shoulder Holster and depend on my Primary more. For those of you that wear Wrangler Cowboy Cut Jeans you will know what 13MWZ's are, the rest of you will have to guess.

I'd try a Ken Null City Slicker Shoulder Holster if you are dressed up and wearing a button down shirt and need good concealment. I wear mine under my shirt, slow but at least it's there.

I use a Pocket Holster with my Carhart's or Cargo Shorts/Pants, but not my jeans.

Biker

VIP Member
    I pocket carry with regular fit Wranglers. The pockets are large enough in some pairs, in others, well, there is less room. The solution that works for me is to leave my shirt untucked. It breaks up my silhouette and does the trick.

My 442 rides in my jeans with a Kramer pocket. Pockets are a little small but still covers the gun, but I always leave my shirt untucked. If I have to tuck I switch to ankle carry. I have heard that the Blackbird from Pocket Concealment Systems is great if primary wear is jeans.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I don't pocket carry.... BUT:

I remember seeing a PC holster that is designed to print with a solid rectangle footprint... So that it looks like a wallet if you put it in your back pocket.

I remember thinking that IF I were to PC, THAT is what I would buy... But I can't remember off the top of my head where I saw it.

You might find a "wallet style" PC holster that solves your issue.

- Just a thought

Links