Got my Crossbreed Supertucks Today

This is a discussion on Got my Crossbreed Supertucks Today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got home and had a package from Crossbreed Holsters waiting for me. I ordered 2 holsters from them on March 28th and received them today. ...

Thread: Got my Crossbreed Supertucks Today

Got my Crossbreed Supertucks Today

Got home and had a package from Crossbreed Holsters waiting for me. I ordered 2 holsters from them on March 28th and received them today. They seem VERY COMFORTABLE so far. I have one on right now with my Para Ordnance 7.45 3 1/2 in it and I can barely feel it. I have heard that they just get better as they break in. I also have one for my Taurus PT99 5 inch. It feels good also. I will wear it the rest of the night to try to break it in some more. Now all I need is my Utah permit to come in. I sent it off on Mar 28th. Hoping to get it soon.
    Last edited by eethomas; April 17th, 2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: grammer

2. Remove Ads

Mine didn't take long to break in at all. I have a 45 minute drive to work, and I was anticipating problems wearing it while stuck in a car seat for 40+ miles. While I was aware I was wearing it...mainly from not being used to it...there was NO discomfort at all.

I've been wearing it daily for about 3 weeks now. It's like putting on a watch in the morning now. I also practiced the IDPA classifier with it. Very nice.

-JT

VIP Member
    Great holster. Wear and forget.

I bought one for my XD and received it 2 weeks ago. While I agree it is comfortable at 4:00 (not in the car), wearing it makes me look like I have a growth on my hip and I'm not comfortable enough with its concealability to wear in public yet. I've got the clips set on the lowest setting to get the kydex higher up on the belt so the grip is in my back, any lower and it looks like I've got a gun in my pants. I don't wear my pants tight and when wearing it around the house I'll poof my shirt out a little to make it a little more inconspicuous, still not 100% on its concealability in public.

Where/how do you all wear it so that it disappears?

Quote Originally Posted by semostickbow View Post

Where/how do you all wear it so that it disappears?
    You don't have to have both clips at the same level..... By moving the front clip higher and the rear clip lower, you'll cant the holster forward and it can significantly improve comfort and any printing issues. Mine just disappears and I'm not a real big guy.

Holster fit everyone differently. I would play around with the clips and positions until you find a setting that works for you. Also maybe you can go up a size in your shirts. You may have to comprise with your wardrobe to make it fit for you. Also how much printing? If you are newer to carrying, then try not to worry about is as nobody will notice. You might just be making a deal out of nothing.
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    You don't have to have both clips at the same level..... By moving the front clip higher and the rear clip lower, you'll cant the holster forward and it can significantly improve comfort and any printing issues. Mine just disappears and I'm not a real big guy.
    +1. Really need to play with the cant as well as the position of the holster on your belt. It can take a bit, but for me, when I found the 'sweet spot', it was obvious.

-JT

Just ordered a crossbreed holster today. Can't wait to get to try it out

Congrats on the new holster , been wearing mine for a few weeks now, it get's more comfy everytime I put it on, sometimes I forget I'm even carrying.

Links