Comfortable pocket holster for a Glock 26?

This is a discussion on Comfortable pocket holster for a Glock 26? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there such a thing? It is such a "thick" pistol, I was wondering if anyone has been able to comfortably pocket carry one? I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comfortable pocket holster for a Glock 26?

Is there such a thing?

It is such a "thick" pistol, I was wondering if anyone has been able to comfortably pocket carry one?

I have used the Galco pocket holster, but it feels like I have a brick in my pocket.

Also if you have "seen" a pic of something that might work please post it.
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

Hi Terry,

With the right colthing it could work, but as pocket guns go, thats a biggie. We have one you may like, it draws a bit different then most.
    If you do not like it just send it back, we have a great 30 day beat it up return policy.

Pocket Grabber

Hope that helps
    Take care
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    Hi Terry,

With the right colthing it could work, but as pocket guns go, thats a biggie. We have one you may like, it draws a bit different then most.
    If you do not like it just send it back, we have a great 30 day beat it up return policy.

Pocket Grabber

Hope that helps
    Take care
    Alex
    What a great looking design, very impressive and with your return policy, how could I go wrong?

Thank you.

I can't imagine using a G-26 as a pocket gun, but maybe for somebody......but not me!

Hope it works for you...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Terry

PM sent
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
    What a great looking design, very impressive and with your return policy, how could I go wrong?

Thank you.
    You really can not go wrong. Make sure you read the drawing instructions that come with it. Many people make the mistake of trying to use it like a regular run of the mill pocket holster. You know where some part of the holster catches or you hope catches on your pocket as you draw. This is made to release at the bottom of your pocket, if it does not its just needs to break in.

Take care
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    You really can not go wrong. Make sure you read the drawing instructions that come with it. Many people make the mistake of trying to use it like a regular run of the mill pocket holster. You know where some part of the holster catches or you hope catches on your pocket as you draw. This is made to release at the bottom of your pocket, if it does not its just needs to break in.

Take care
    Alex

Alex,

I have seen you recommend your pocket holster for the Glock 26 sized gun many times, but have never seen an actual picture of it with anything other than a Seecamp.

Got any pictures?

Steve
    www.RKBAholsters.com

Check it out for quality reasonably priced leather and kydex Pocket, IWB and OWB Holsters......

I have carried my G26 in a DeSantis pocket holster. I can only carry it that way if I'm wearing cargo pants with large pockets.

J.S.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

I carry a G26 in a pocket a cargo shorts in the summer (big, wide and deep pockets), or 5.11 pockets in the other months. Not the best pocket carry rig.

Here's what I use:

Quote Originally Posted by stmcelroy View Post
    Alex,

I have seen you recommend your pocket holster for the Glock 26 sized gun many times, but have never seen an actual picture of it with anything other than a Seecamp.

Got any pictures?

Steve
    It does not look like the seecamp one its to big of a gun. Looks like a rectangle, I will see if the web master has some pics.

Take Care
    Alex

I don't understand the market demand for subcompacts that are too big for comfortable pocket carry. If they have to be carried in some other type of holster, then why not carry a bigger gun with a higher round count and longer sight radius? With a good IWB holster, a compact Glock 19 or 23 is just as concealable as a subcompact 26/27 Baby.

When shopping for my first carry gun, I thought the baby Glocks were just the thing until I realized just how oversized they were for pocket carry. I ended up with a Kel-Tec 9mm. I am strongly considering getting a Kahr MK40 that's even slightly smaller (but with much reduced capacity). The just announced single action Taurus 709B "Slim" is also intriguing but I'll need to hear more about it.

I carried my G26 in suit pants pocket today too - forgot to mention that in my earlier post. Dressy casual pant pockets also work.

I am bout to try one of these out for my 26 and a j frame
    Glock Pocket/Wallet Holster

I am interested in holster options too. Right now I use the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. I have found the trick so far is to have large pockets like that on cargo pants or carpenters jeans. I am also looking to get a Ruger LCP for those days when I am wearing shorts with small pockets. At this time that role is being filled with a NAA mini .22 magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by crzy4guns View Post
    I am interested in holster options too. Right now I use the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. I have found the trick so far is to have large pockets like that on cargo pants or carpenters jeans. I am also looking to get a Ruger LCP for those days when I am wearing shorts with small pockets. At this time that role is being filled with a NAA mini .22 magnum.
    Luckily my EMS specific pants have very big pockets, so the size isn't a "big" problem, just want something more comfortable.

I have been givin' a few choices and will make a decision soon, and post my findings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links