New job, new holster

This is a discussion on New job, new holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I am may be starting a job as an associate pastor in August, meaning I'd have to wear a tucked in shirt at least ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New job, new holster

New job, new holster

So, I am may be starting a job as an associate pastor in August, meaning I'd have to wear a tucked in shirt at least one day per week. I'm not sure if I will go with a tie, only time will tell.

The tucked in shirt means a new holster though. Right now, I carry my Kimber in a Desantis Cozy Partner and it wears great. Most days I never feel the gun on my hip.

I need a tuckable holster which I can wear in church and I have narrowed it down to 2 options.

I'm very strongly looking at the Milt Sparks VM-II with the tuckable clips. I'm also looking at the crossbreed super tuck.

I think I'm leaning toward the Milt Sparks... Has anyone used it while wearing a tucked in shirt?

Any comments would be helpful...

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    The Milt Sparks might not be here by then
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

I understand that there is a long wait, which is why I want to order very soon.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    If you decide NOT to go with the Milt Sparks, check out the Comp-Tac MTACs. I researched the Supertuck vs. the MTAC and decided to go with the MTAC.

(Note: I will add this is like the Glock vs. XD, 9mm vs. .40 vs. .45 debate. It is all a matter of what works.)
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I wear a Blade-Tech UCH. I've tucked in tee shirts and other collared, button-up shirts with zero problem. Recently I wore it for the first time with a dress shirt and tie. I even attached my shirt-stays. It hides beautifully. Note that I think I would have had a problem drawing with the shirt-stays.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Crossbreed super tuck.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Go with a coat, doesn't matter which holster. If you want the "laid back" look, go sport coat, no tie.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I put in a vote for Tucker Gunleather. I carry my Kimber UC in a Texas Heritage and the gun just seems to disapear even when tucked. Quality is outstanding and customer service is great.

INSIDE THE WAISTBAND HOLSTERS and IWB Mag Pouches
    The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference-they deserve a place of honor with all that is good. -George Washington

I carry almost exclusively in a tuckable IWB.

I haven't seen a Milt Sparks in person... (beginning to think the tooth fairy has them all) but I'm sure they are nice.

My favorite so far is High Noon holsters Tail-gate. But I have a CTAC on order that I just received word has shipped...

I looked at Crossbreed vs MTAC for a long time, and went with the CTAC because I sweat a lot in the summer, and sweat penetrating the leather and sitting aginst my gun is the only issue I've had with the holsters I've tried. - the CTAC has KYDEX, and not leather, between you and the gun. If that wasn't an issue, I would have gone with an MTAC.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDATC View Post
    I put in a vote for Tucker Gunleather. I carry my Kimber UC in a Texas Heritage and the gun just seems to disapear even when tucked. Quality is outstanding and customer service is great.

INSIDE THE WAISTBAND HOLSTERS and IWB Mag Pouches

+1 on the Tucker - I carry a Commander in a Texas Heritage, tucked or untucked its a great rig - but the wait is LONG..........

Quote Originally Posted by rhinokrk View Post
    Crossbreed super tuck.
    +1 on the Supertuck. About $70 IIRR and you'll have it fast. Love mine.

I wear coat/tie 6 days per week, but being in a warm climate also need to be able to take my jacket off at times. I carry my Kimber 1911 in an MTAC every waking moment. It is extremely comfortable and I have worn it tucked in while speaking (w/ dress shirt/tie) in front of large groups of sheeple and never been made.
    Kimber Pro CDP II

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

Another vote for the Versa Max II. If you're going to carry on your hip, especially a 1911, the VMII is the way to go. Before I traded in my 1911 for one of them nasty plastic guns and discovered appendix carry, the VM really worked for carrying the 1911 on the hip, tucked or untucked.

Gene.
    Gene Charleton

Senior Member Array rangerman2003's Avatar
    think about KD also, I have their Dakota and it tucks awesome
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

De inimico non Loquaris sed cogites.

Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan for it!

I have 3 tuckable holsters and 2 works!

1. K&D Dakota
    2. Crossbreed SuperTuck
    3. Milt Sparks VM II w/ Clips

K&D Dakota Defender - If you like all leather. This is an excellent choice. Very comfortable. Used with my 1911 3". My 1st pick. The clips allow adjustment of both the depth of the holster, as well as the cant of the holster. Also lots of room to tuck in your shirt.

Crossbreed SuperTuck - Not as classy as the Dakota. It works too and very comfortable. But with the combination of Kydex and Leather, I prefer using it with my polymer pistols. This too has clips for adjusting both depth and cant. Also has enough room to tuck in your shirt. This would be my 2nd choice.

Milt Sparks Versa Max II - One of the BEST IWB out there! But not necessarily best as a tuckable holster. NO clip adjustments for depth and cant. NOT MUCH room to tuck in your shirt.
    I have 4 VM II for different pistols used for IWB. LOVE my VM IIs, but not to use as a tuckable holster (my opinion only).
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links