The C-clips on my MTAC Print More Than the Gun!!

This is a discussion on The C-clips on my MTAC Print More Than the Gun!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everybody. While I'm waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for my permit to arrive, I've taken to "practicing" carrying my Glock 19 around the house ...

Hey everybody. While I'm waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for my permit to arrive, I've taken to "practicing" carrying my Glock 19 around the house in my new MTAC holster. What I'm noticing is that I can wear a fairly tight shirt and the gun doesn't print badly. The C-clips print quite a lot with the shirt over them and they are pretty noticeable tucked. For those of you who have IWB holsters like this, what can I do to minimize this (apart from buying a whole new holster, which isn't really an option right now)? Thanks.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by agentmel View Post
    Hey everybody. While I'm waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for my permit to arrive, I've taken to "practicing" carrying my Glock 19 around the house in my new MTAC holster. What I'm noticing is that I can wear a fairly tight shirt and the gun doesn't print badly. The C-clips print quite a lot with the shirt over them and they are pretty noticeable tucked. For those of you who have IWB holsters like this, what can I do to minimize this (apart from buying a whole new holster, which isn't really an option right now)? Thanks.

Mel
    Purchase the standard clips, much better and they blend in well with a black belt.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Or you could go with the V clips. Of course, you would have to have velcro in your belt.

yeah i'm having the same problem with mine--ordered the c-clips and they print more than my xd .45 compact tactical, which is a sizeable firearm. i'm fixing to bite the bullet and spend the $18 on a pair of standard clips to replace the c's with, and i'll probably put the c-clips on ebay or something.

EDIT: just ran to the site and ordered the c-tac standard clips. they look much slimmer and also have more than twice the holes for attachment so you can really adjust cant and holster height. they're $14 plus $4.50 standard shipping.

I've got the C clips, J clips, and the standard clips (the wide, old style ones). I'm gonna order some of the new, 'slim standards' here shortly.

The C clips are OK, but I have more of a problem with them NOT staying in place. They don't print on me but I have been devoloping my "dunlop" to better assist concealment.

The J clips are pretty good but lack support from the belt and end up bunching up my britches around the belt loops.

The standards are by far the best for the M(or C) TAC holster.
    Of course this begs the question.......Are ya using a good gunbelt?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I think gun-savvy people would notice the clips no matter what. I mean there is no reason for 2 black clips, hooked to seemingly nothing to be on a belt. I am semi-concerned about the apparent clips as well of my cross-breed supertuck. My belt is black but there is no hiding these 2 clips over it. And I am skeptical of the velcro-style clips since it puts weight to bear on the pants seam...how well is it gonna support when ya have a perfectly good gunbelt designed to bear that weight. The gun hides perfectly but oh these clips.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLOLUCKY View Post
    I think gun-savvy people would notice the clips no matter what. I mean there is no reason for 2 black clips, hooked to seemingly nothing to be on a belt. I am semi-concerned about the apparent clips as well of my cross-breed supertuck. My belt is black but there is no hiding these 2 clips over it. And I am skeptical of the velcro-style clips since it puts weight to bear on the pants seam...how well is it gonna support when ya have a perfectly good gunbelt designed to bear that weight. The gun hides perfectly but oh these clips.
    i'll be getting a horizontal belt "holster" for my cell phone, so i can place it over the clip towards the front--the bulge of the phone will also help hide the gun under my t-shirt.

I thought of something like that as well. Just have not come up with a viable alternative to make it work. All my cell phones are old and big. It would be nice to get an old Razr (or some small phone) and just epoxy it to the clips...kinda like the Pager-pal idea. I could explain away carrying 2 cell phones easily & my real one rides in my pocket. hhhhhhhmmm ideas anyone? small knife sheath maybe ......
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLOLUCKY View Post
    I thought of something like that as well. Just have not come up with a viable alternative to make it work. All my cell phones are old and big. It would be nice to get an old Razr (or some small phone) and just epoxy it to the clips...kinda like the Pager-pal idea. I could explain away carrying 2 cell phones easily & my real one rides in my pocket. hhhhhhhmmm ideas anyone? small knife sheath maybe ......
    You could do a knife sheath over 1 clip & a fake (or real) cell phone over the other.

As a side note, I would not feel obligated to answer why I would have 2 cell phones on me. It's none of anyone's business.

Jay
    I use a horizontal cell phone holder that rides at 2:00 right beside the front clip. hides that one fairly well. As far the rear clip if anyone ask about it(and no one has.) I'll ask them why there checking out my back side.

I tossed my C clips. Go with V clips if you are tucking - otherwise standard will work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I use a horizontal cell phone holder that rides at 2:00 right beside the front clip. hides that one fairly well. As far the rear clip if anyone ask about it(and no one has.) I'll ask them why there checking out my back side.
    Exactly. If you don't want any questions you could say it's a:

1. Colostomy bag, want to see it?
    2. Idiot detector, it must be broken.
    3. (If you want to play nice) Insulin pump.
    4. None of your nosey business (my choice).

just got my standard clips in the mail today, and they're a HUGE difference. it's like wearing a different holster entirely, and you can't see them at all under my t-shirt. plus, since their the c-tac standard clips, they have 5 holes instead of 3 (the "standard clips" that would come with an m-tac order have 3), so i was able to adjust the cant and ride depth a lot more precisely and got the perfect combo for strong-side carry.

Links