How much of a "bump" is acceptible?

This is a discussion on How much of a "bump" is acceptible? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off i absoulutly love my ken null UNS iwb rig and the matching belt ken made for me. But i've noticed that sometime with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much of a "bump" is acceptible?

First off i absoulutly love my ken null UNS iwb rig and the matching belt ken made for me. But i've noticed that sometime with certain movements the belt loop itself prints. Now let me say its the loop and only the loop that prints,and it prints as what looks like a square shapped thing on my belt. The gun itself remains totally concealed.

To be honest it kind of looks like one of those small belt cases for say a cell phone. My main question is how much of a bump of lump under ones shirt is aceptible when carrying? I've been carrying for years now have never been made by someone. So asuming its not another gun savy person looking at this,whats the chance of someone like a BG knowing what this is? do you feel its an acceptible thing?

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    IMO....the more I carry...the less I worry about a 'bump' or 'bulge', 99% of the people won't notice, and the ones that might probably don't care what it is...
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Lead Moderator
    I stood in front of 2 deputies today at a gun store. they never noticed my SA Champ. under my t shirt(some printing , but not bad).
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor View Post
    IMO....the more I carry...the less I worry about a 'bump' or 'bulge', 99% of the people won't notice, and the ones that might probably don't care what it is...
    I am in the same boat. When I first started carrying I was very self-concious of ANY amount of printing. But after awhile I realized that my Cell Phone had a bigger print than my EDC (A Dan Wesson Bobtail Commander). Now the only thing I worry about is direct exposure of my firearm.

I would not worry about it. Most people go about their lives not noticing anything around them.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I'm still at the stage where every little protuberance makes me nervous. The rational side of me says, "Does that look like a gun? No." It's still hard to think that way since I know what that little bulge is.

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    I would not worry about it. Most people go about their lives not noticing anything around them.
    what he said
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Never a worry

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Most people will never notice.They are too worried about their own problems.

I'm always looking for guns on people...I know what to look for and I seldom ever see one...
    Do you really think a will know what to look for...they usually don't even notice if they are being followed by a Sherman Tank...

Stay armed...no one really knows...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wow what a great post!!! I actually played a little game today -- those concerned w/ printing should play this game it really made me feel better and I now understand how pointless it is to work yourself up worrying if other people might see your "bulge" (haha bulge). Anyway the game is this: when you’re out and about in public --
    1. Count every person who passes by you
    2. Count every person who ACTUALLY looks at you
    3. Count every person who looks at the general area of where you actually carry your firearm on your person.

During my 25 minute walk home today

1. 132
    2. 5
    3. 1

haha one person I think looked at my "bulge" for but just a fleeting glance. ----

So, ----- don't worry about it!!!!

I’m gonna try it again tomorrow ----but bottom line the majority of people are so self-absorbed with their own lives that THEY ARE NOT LOOKING FOR CCW!!!!!

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    hey that is a great experiment....only one with a slight glance...
    that is a .75% of the people even look in the direction of your bulge....(of the gun).
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

There have been times when carrying my 5" 1911 owb that the bottom inch of the holster has been showing, and no one has noticed. To me a bump isn't much to worry about as most sheeple can't tell the difference between a cell phone and a firearm attached to the belt. But then again, its not to say that I don't believe in being as concealed as possible to keep said BG from noticing. Just my .02
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Obviously they don't call it concealed carry for nothing so the less the better but for the most part the only people who would notice are those that carry themselves. Most people don't have a clue. You'd probably have to pull the gun and smack them with it before they'd notice it.
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm always looking for guns on people...I know what to look for and I seldom ever see one...
    Do you really think a will know what to look for...they usually don't even notice if they are being followed by a Sherman Tank...

Stay armed...no one really knows...stay safe!
    I could not agree more

Most people are in condition white and looking
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links