Another "which holster" post

This is a discussion on Another "which holster" post within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm planning on ordering my holster in the next day or two but I'm havning trouble picking which one. I'll be carrying a Kimber Pro ...

Thread: Another "which holster" post

Another "which holster" post

I'm planning on ordering my holster in the next day or two but I'm havning trouble picking which one. I'll be carrying a Kimber Pro TLE/RLII (4 inch with rail). I'm planning on IWB, maybe about 4:30 position, with clips (fast on and off), and I'm t-shirt and jeans guy. I don't mind waiting 3-4 weeks, but a couple months or longer is more than I want to wait. I'm stretching money as it is so I won't want to pay much more than $70-some, monthly practice is gonna eat up a good chunk of my funds. I've narrowed it down to a few that I've learned about through this board, but I'm not opposed to considering others too.

Stryker I
    IWB

Cochise or Dakota Defender
    K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories

Gurkha
    Comp-Tac : Products

Silent Thunder or Easy Reach
    "Silent Thunder" and "Easy Reach" Kydex

Hidden asset
    Hidden Asset - Inside the Waist Holster

Anyone have any thoughts on these or suggestions I should really consider? Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I vote UBG

+1 on UBG. Nate makes top-notch leather for a reasonable price.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Crossbreed Supertuck

-JT

Looks like there are no bad choices on your list.

Kydex is always going to be a little thinner than leather - for jeans n' tshirt if you are really trying to conceal well I'd go for the BearClaw. I have a pretty substantial collection of holsters - both leather and kydex - my kydex bearclaws are more concealable than my vmII's or any leather. My family is taking a summer road trip across the country - a few of these places I REALLY need to be discreet - my kydex bearclaw's are the only holsters I'll consider for the trip. I'm not an apostle for Kydex and I think leather is more luxurious - but sometimes - like on this trip - I really need to make sure that I don't print and this over-rides all other considerations. Kydex earns it's keep when it comes to concealability.

If you are looking to be a little more fashionable, then maybe the UBG - he's really a first rate craftsman. Leather conceals pretty well, too.

Probably you should think about your holster collection and ask yourself if there are gaps in your available choices. More choices and more diversity gives you more options for dress and circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    Probably you should think about your holster collection and ask yourself if there are gaps in your available choices. More choices and more diversity gives you more options for dress and circumstance.
    Don't have any holsters for this gun yet, I'm hoping to make the best call I can, all things considered, for the time being. I'll get more down the road though.

Thanks for the input so far.

Links