Nemesis holster modification for PM9??

This is a discussion on Nemesis holster modification for PM9?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Nemesis for my PM9. The problem is, since it is designed to fit the P9 as well, that there is extra material ...

Thread: Nemesis holster modification for PM9??

Nemesis holster modification for PM9??

I have a Nemesis for my PM9. The problem is, since it is designed to fit the P9 as well, that there is extra material on the bottom (about 3/4") when used with the PM9, and the PM9 sits a little low in the holster (stitching around the trigger guard needs to be tighter for the PM9 to have it ride with the full grip exposed). The extra material makes the holster much bulkier in the pocket (front) and actually makes the PM9 stick out of the back pocket (where it doesn't without the holster).

Has anyone tried modifying the Nemesis by adding some more stitching around the trigger guard and trimming some material from the bottom? I called Desantis, but they haven't had anyone ask them that question before, nor heard of it, so they couldn't tell me if the material would separate or fray. They did offer their custom holster option ($50 plus money for another Nemesis), but I don't want to spend that kind of cash for a pocket holster.

It seems I have a couple of options, from just cutting it; to stitching a seam at the bottom, then cut; to opening up the seams, cut, then sew another piece of finishing material over the cut edge, then re-stitching it back together. Any other options?

Have you tried any of these options, and if so, what was your experience with the holster material? Did it fray or separate? Easy to sew seams? Easy to take apart? Etc?

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs down

I have modified a Nemesis once. It really doesn't fray but once you cut it has several layers so separation is possible. I found it almost impossible to push a needle of any size through it because of the tackiness of the inside of the material, I broke about four different size needles before giving up. Also once you cut it there will be some tacky substance that will work its way out of the holster. At the price of the Nemesis I would recommend you to purchase another one.

i carry my pm9 in a nemesis and don't have any problem with it ... in fact, i use that extra material under the trigger guard to help free the weapon from the holster during my draw by just slightly extending my middle finger as if i'm opening a closed fist. that little bit of finger movement frees the weapon perfectly.

as far as the extra material at the bottom, again, i see it as an advantage. i have a lot of crap in my pockets, and that extra material keeps the barrel out of the inordinate amount of lint and dirt that accumulates in my pockets.

YMMV, but i would suggest re-evaluating before modifying the holster.

Links