Anyone carry in a waist pack? - Page 2

Anyone carry in a waist pack?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry in a waist pack? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Funny thing...I think "we all" got one....... When I see fanny pack, I look at the haircut, shoes and clothing and think "cop"...to me those ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone carry in a waist pack?

Funny thing...I think "we all" got one.......

When I see fanny pack, I look at the haircut, shoes and clothing and think "cop"...to me those are the dead giveaways.......if my "profile" is skewed I still think "gun" because of the size of the bag and where it hangs...in front with pull strings or tabs on the zippers is a dead give away....I also noticed "looks" from LEO when I carried in an FP....so I abandoned mine.(although I keep it....just in case! ha ha)

Well, I'm near Woodstock, NY, former hippy capital of the world, and fanny-paks are all over the place. I wear mine everywhere, and nobody pays the least bit of attention (which is good)!

Of course, if you're the only one with green hair, black lipstick, and pictures on your fingernails, then you might stand out a bit!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I wouldn't be bothered by it screaming gun as it would be for concealed carry not covert carry.

I used the fanny-pack/pouch as in the photo, when I had my Ruger P90 and sometimes with my present Ruger SP101 but certainly with the .45 as opposed to a holster. It draws zero attention from people. And is quick to get to, and the extra loaded magazine in the smaller pouch on the front. And in the pouch, my .45 was just there by itself not inside some smaller holster or carrier.

I use one all the time when I excersise with the wife, hiking or walking. It is the Galco one and works very well for me. I use the medium one for my S&W 642. I got it brand new on ebay for about $15 or $20.
    Glock 26 4gen, H&K USPc, S&W 642, Wilson Combat 1911 CQB

"Anyone carry in a waist pack?"

I have tried them, but prefer open carry for discretion.
    God, country, family.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    ...but prefer open carry for discretion.
    Huh? Am I missing something? "Open Carry" for "Discretion"? Seems like a contridiction.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fsufanaz View Post
    I have a Safepacker holster which I use from time to time. Most people don't have a clue what it is. It holds a gun and a reload. It has many options only one of which is attached to the belt. Take a look you might like it.

Safepacker holster
    I normally carry in the standard IWB or OWB. However, when hiking with a backpack with a very thick padded waistband, it would take 5 minutes to get to the strong-side pistol, not to mention the maximum discomfort of a pistol and holster between the waistband and me. I must get a Safepacker for hiking; it can be attached to any size belt.

I use one for biking, no one has ever gave me a second look.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I have one that I use solely for hiking or exercise walking. Although the thing screams "GUN", no one I meet on the trail has ever indicated that they noticed.

I often carry concealed in a waist pack made by BAGMASTER. It has belt loops as well as a metal belt clip and I sometime carry it over the shoulder - see pic. Quality item,[IMG][/IMG]
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

I have a Coronado's Original Stealth Pac... they make a quality leather pack... Coronado Leather
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

"Huh? Am I missing something? "Open Carry" for "Discretion"? Seems like a contridiction."

Sorry, my attempt at being funny.

Bags scream gun; most of them, at least. If I'm going to have something to scream gun, I'd rather it be a gun, which is usually less noticable than the bag.
    God, country, family.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
    Does anyone have experience carrying in a waist pack? pros & cons ?
    Besides Galco who makes one of quality?
    I'm in Las Vegas where you see hundreds of tourists wearing them daily so recognition is not a factor.
    Years ago I found a cheap thin nylon large flat vertical camera bag in bright red. (It is shaped sort of like the Bagmaster bag someone showed earlier, but slightly smaller -- 7" x 5" x 2". My P7 M13 just barely fit in it, but the bag had no strength. I bought a straight-drop kydex holster to put inside the bag, used boiling water to modify the belt loop and trimmed it so that the remaining part of the loop was more towards the center of the gun from top strap to butt. I had a shoemaker sew a leather patch behind the belt loop, with cuts in it for my belt to go into the back of the bag, through the kydex holster's belt loop, and back out the back of the bag. I hung something from the zipper to make it easy to grab.

The result is that as long as I can open the zipper quickly (and I can open it partially without revealing the gun, I can then just thrust my hand down into the bag and draw the gun just like any ordinary side holster.

It's pretty fast, and as looks as innocuous as a bag can. However, I only use it while traveling, as I don't want people to wonder "Why is he always wearing that thing?" (or worse, yet, demand to check it in case I should one day accidentally find myself in a NPE. But everybody wears stuff like that when driving to Florida, and I don't see anybody long enough that they would think to ask.

I also use the Coronado Stealth Pac

Coronado Leather, makers of handcrafted, concealment leatherwear for law enforcement and those interested in high quality leather jackets, handbags and carrycases for firearm concealment

in El Paso's hot summers when I'm dressing light. I use the rear compartment for my weapon and keep money, driver's license, credit cards, etc. in the front compartments. No one has ever so much as raised an eyebrow about the case. The average person never thinks that it would be used to carry a weapon. It simply never occurs to them.

Larry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links