Mitch Rossen USD Express

This is a discussion on Mitch Rossen USD Express within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey just wanted let yall know that this Mitch Rossen USD Express is one if not the most comfortable holsters that I have.. and I've ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitch Rossen USD Express

Mitch Rossen USD Express

Hey just wanted let yall know that this Mitch Rossen USD Express is one if not the most comfortable holsters that I have.. and I've got quite a few now.

I have a G17 in it now and my plan is to wear it fot a wile and really see if it is "the one" Ill order a few of the "real" ones. for all my other Glocks...

Anyone else have one??

2. Remove Ads

That's cool. I have a Mitch Rosen upper limit express holster for my G27. It's one of the first 'high dollar' holsters I ever bought, and it's a dandy!

I don't consider the Mitch Rosen "Express Line" to be high dollar, but I do consider it a good value for the money.

I'm using an "ARG Express" for my 1911 until I get my Matt Del Fatti ISP-4.

Biker

I was sorry to see Mitch dilute his fine work with his Express Line. Just not the same as his original stuff.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I was sorry to see Mitch dilute his fine work with his Express Line. Just not the same as his original stuff.
    Well it is not his original stuff but it let's you try a holster and see if you like it or not.

I will most likely be ordering 3 of the "NICE" USD II.

So I see what he is doing as a very good thing and I will say Express or not it is a very nice holster...

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    My experience with the Express line is with a Premier and I'll second the comfort recommendation. It is a very nice holster.

I also have had good experiences with Mitch's Express Line Premier holsters. I have three of them now. Not quite as pretty as the full detail, but fully functional.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Nothing wrong with having a choice these days... I just ordered an Upper Limit Express for the M&Pc. Three weeks is what I was quoted, that's sweet.

I bet Mitch wanted to have some steady income so he took the easy way out with the pressed Express line. I also love his full detail work and own a bunch of them but you have to admit the pricing on his full detail stuff is quite high. Also something that bothered me is that Mitch won't make everything in his express line. I called and spoke to him about making some express leather for some of my S&W autos and he would not make them insisting I need to step up to the FD line. I still think his pressed line is still better than the "Off the rack" Galco type leather.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I still think his pressed line is still better than the "Off the rack" Galco type leather.
    What makes you think this? I see them as equals. Just curious.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I went to his site and like the looks of the Express Line. I have seen one of his holsters and like it, but in the past thought his prices were high compared to equal quality from other makers.
    I think the EX line will be competitive and I do not mind slightly less boning.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    What makes you think this? I see them as equals. Just curious.
    Well for me the fit on my RosenExpress UPL for my G23 is alot better than the Galco concealable plus I prefer stiffer leather. Galco's leather is alot softer.

I've seen a lot of Galco holsters since they're made here in Phoenix and they used to open their salesroom on Fridays to the public. They don't last. The leather is too soft and doesn't hold it's shape long. Everything is made on an assembly line. Now that their prices are approaching true holstermakers', I don't see how they sell anything. They do have a beautiful catalog though!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I've seen a lot of Galco holsters since they're made here in Phoenix and they used to open their salesroom on Fridays to the public. They don't last. The leather is too soft and doesn't hold it's shape long. Everything is made on an assembly line. Now that their prices are approaching true holstermakers', I don't see how they sell anything. They do have a beautiful catalog though!
    I agree 100%. I've owned plenty of Galco leather in my younger years and have had the same results, though naturally it took me a while to realize it. Conversely, I have several of Rosen's Express holsters, both IWB and OWB, and they're tough as nails even after years of use. In fact, I think the only holsters that I've seen with tougher, firmer leather are Kramer's horsehide holsters. And of course there's no comparison there.

On the other hand, I agree with orangehole's assessment of Rosen's dealings. The Rosen holsters I have, some full detail and some Express, were bought either used on ebay or new from Brownells because they were for common guns. When I tried to order some holsters directly from Mitch for less common guns (S&W 27 and S&W 39), he told me he didn't have molds for those models and that I would have to send my guns to him and that there would be an additional $300 pattern fee! I passed and don't plan on buying anything directly from him in the future, but I sure wouldn't pass up a good used holster for the right price.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

If your holster looks anything like this it should work well. When Mitch Rosen gets it right few are better. Regards, Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links