Holster sliding on belt.??

This is a discussion on Holster sliding on belt.?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys I have several holster that i carry my Glocks in. Every one of them will "walk" backwards to the rear, and out of ...

Thread: Holster sliding on belt.??

Holster sliding on belt.??

Hey guys I have several holster that i carry my Glocks in. Every one of them will "walk" backwards to the rear, and out of were I need or want them. Besides putting on a extra belt loop on my jeans is there any other quick fix for this??

I've thought about puting a string on the front belt loop and then on the hoster to try and keep it in place.

any other ideas??? and I do have a "Good" belt ( Looper leather with kydex)

thanks

2. Remove Ads

Eat a couple of pizzas. That usually works for me.

Seriously though, you didn't state what size the belt is and what size the belt loops on the holsters are. a lot of holsters have 1.75 inch loops. I try to avoid those since my belts are 1.5 inch. A closer fit might work better.
    -Biker

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    IWB or OWB? Maybe the body side of the holster is really smooth or you need to make another hole on your belt and tighten it up.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

1943 - 2009
    Mtbiker nailed it.

Your holster belt slots and your gun belt must match exactly. Do that and your problem is solved.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

All stots and the belt are 1.5'' The belt is about as tight as I can stand it.
    The hosters are all IWB. and the fit of the belt and slots are fairly snug.
    but I still get the walking.??

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    What kind of holsters? What kind of attachments to the belt do they have? Clips, loops?

I find that I have better luck with multiple attachment points. One fore & one aft of the weapon. I have a UBG Canute that works very well, no "walking", even with a Wilderness Instructors belt, which is slick. I have a very reputable maker holster that walks, but it has the attachment points right over the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    What kind of holsters? What kind of attachments to the belt do they have? Clips, loops?...
    Important info for solving your problem.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post

I've thought about puting a string on the front belt loop and then on the hoster to try and keep it in place.
    I have a friend with the same problem. He uses Sparks VM2's, which he loves, but his body shape won't let the holster stay in place where he wants it, so he did exactly what you thought of. I don't recall now if he used a string or elastic of some type, but he showed me his holster one time when I asked him what he used, and the string or whatever he used and the belt loop were under full tension as the holster was pulling against them. I had to ask him what that was about and he explained it to me.

He's a skinny little dude, so naturally it was one more point in favor of having a waistline with a lot of real estate, which I have.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Hey guys I have several holster that i carry my Glocks in. Every one of them will "walk" backwards to the rear, and out of were I need or want them. Besides putting on a extra belt loop on my jeans is there any other quick fix for this??

any other ideas??? and I do have a "Good" belt ( Looper leather with kydex)

thanks
    If your holster has loops, straddle a belt loop with the holster loops. My G19 is at 3 o'clock and straddles a belt loop. It stays put.
    Okiemountaineer

I just bought some holster 'snugger' tonight...(pizza)...another thread mentioned, but I used some about an hour ago.
    I use Fist #1A (clip) and have never had movement.
    Perhaps if you make sure the clip(s) are behind a beltloop, that could help...OMO

Stay armed...keep your weapon stationary...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    What kind of holsters? What kind of attachments to the belt do they have? Clips, loops?

I find that I have better luck with multiple attachment points. One fore & one aft of the weapon. I have a UBG Canute that works very well, no "walking", even with a Wilderness Instructors belt, which is slick. I have a very reputable maker holster that walks, but it has the attachment points right over the weapon.

All kinds I have a Kytac bravehart which is clips ( 2) and a VMII, a Mitch Rosen USD Express, CTAC, Crossbreed, and Kramer #3.
    I've tried two belts a run of the mill leather and a Looper leather kydex lined.

I want my gun on my Hip bone if you will. But it allways walks back to the belt loop.

So Im thinking move the belt loop, tie a "string" on it, put something between it and the belt loop, and finaly order a "custom" belt/holster.

I will say that my new Mitch Rossen does a very good job staying put.

I have a crossbreed iwb and yes it will walk from the 9 0'clock to the 8 o'clock position it's just the way the leather forms and my waist i guess,I also sit like 80% of the day due to spinal injury,I guess you could make a hook and loop strap to run from belt loop to holster clip
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links