Pictures of your CCW Setup

This is a discussion on Pictures of your CCW Setup within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey All, I know I really like to look at pictures and see how others are carrying. My primary rig cosists of a Colt 1911 ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of your CCW Setup

Pictures of your CCW Setup

Hey All,
    I know I really like to look at pictures and see how others are carrying.

My primary rig cosists of a Colt 1911 5" riding on a Tucker Gun Leather Cover Up Plus IWB Holster with a Bianchi Belt that is at least 15 years old (Good equipment will last, and is worth the extra money). Sometimes I carry 1911's with shorter slides. The holster was actually made for a Detonics 3.5", but it works well for the 5". I have never had the front site catch.
    I also carry my Sure E2D that you cannot see in the picture and either a Para Military Spiderco or MOD Tempest.
    I also carry an extra mag in a Sarfiland mag carrier, its not IDPA legal, but I have never had a problem with my mag falling out. The mag is actually held in their fairly tightly, but you can still rip it out super fast. When I first wrote the post I totally forgot it was on, so I had to go back and edit.

I wear this rig around on the weekends and anytime I am able to wear my shirt untucked. I haven't figured out a good way to carry to work when I have to wear dress slacks and a button up shirt. I look forward to seeing pics of your rigs.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Dingle1911; October 15th, 2005 at 09:46 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Here's my rig - a Springfield Loaded Champion 1911 in a C-TAC holster. Of course when I go out of the house, I wear a cover garment or tuck in my shirt over the gun. I have the velcro clips also, but haven't used them yet. I carry a spare mag in my pocket, but I am looking at one of these:http://www.gunnersalley.com/product/GCODESINGLEMAG

and a closeup:

If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Assistant Administrator
    Dingle - I took and posted these quite recently but that was before you joined so - let me post again. They are taken really to show how well I find my K&D OWB rig keeps the SIG nice and tight in - IMO it has no more printing potential than if I had it IWB (which I hate!).

Using as I do loose outer cover garments - vest, shirt etc - I have zero concealment issues. On my left side is my Buck Mayo clipped in left pocket, Leatherman Wave on left belt and next to that on belt my E1e light.

I don't use a mag carrier as habit - usually slipping a spare 15 rounder into left pocket on the occasions I do carry a second one.

My belt BTW - made in USA but cannot find name - got it from local gun shop - it is a 1 1/4", pretty substantial and does extremely well for me.

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Dirkster, on the comp-tac website it looks like there is a sweat shield, but in your picture I don't see one. If there is one how far does it come up. Do you have the CTAC holster or slide? Do you feel the holster conceals well with your shirt tucked in over the gun?
    thanks

Dingle,
    I guess the sweatshield was hidden by the blousing of my shirt. I have the holster, not the slide. Here are some pictures to show you how far up the sweatshield goes-

The outside of the holster:

The inside:

The gun conceals pretty well. The key for me is a good belt, as the gun weighs 34 oz. empty - I use a Texas Gun Leather belt with velcro sewn on the inside.
    Incidentally, I went to my chiropractor today, dressed like I am in the photo (except with shirt tucked over the gun, of course) and he didn't know I was carrying on I got adjusted. For me the key to carrying like this is to make sure the shirt is bloused over the gun well. I will be trying the velcro clips soon, so the C-TAC should be even more concealable.

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar

my rigs

G30 with Wild Bills summer special and single mag carrier and Kramer Belt Scabbard

Taurus 85UL with Houge monogrip and Don Hume clip-on

Kel-Tec P-32 with Nemesis pocket holster

RIA with DeSantis quick draw
    Last edited by blueyedevil; July 27th, 2006 at 07:25 PM.

Blueeye -
    What brand of holster is that in the middle - the snubbie?

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Here's the VM II and the Andrews Leather With the matching pistol on the other side that's covered.

I'm waiting for my FL CCW and have been reading many interesting threads here (and other sites), but now I must open my mouth and show how uninformed I really am (but it looks like this site is friendly enough not to destroy me)...

Are all these pictures of IWB with the shirts tucked in just that? Pictures to show off the holster/carry position?

Sure a jacket or vest could cover it, but something is needed right? Or an untucked shirt (like the OP).

And this "ballooning" that I hear about, that's not a tucked in shirt that is pulled a bit out is it? I've had my dress shirts work their way out a bit, but I wouldn't imagine I could hide my sidearm there.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Sorry, no camera to shoot pics.

Just had to say -- nice flower in your hair Animalkracker.
    The power of the future is in its ability to inspire the present.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Yes these just show off the holster that is normaly covered by a jacket,vest,tee,or a shirt that is tucked but just doubled over so a minimal amount is tucked over the pistol so you can pull the shirt up easy. In Ar. there is no open carry. As long as I'm covered I'm good,so far I have never had any reaction at all when I'm packing.

Nice setups blueeyed
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Hey symbiont, welcome to the best forum ever.
    Yeah the tucked shirts need a cover garment to be considered concealed. If a sheeple sees your gun all hell will break lose and you will have a uncomfortable talk with a law enforcment officer.
    I usually use a loose button up shirt over my iwb (untucked) and it does fine.
    Don't worry about asking stupid questions, because i've already asked them myself and even some doozies that you could'nt even imagine. But hey thats what this forum is, a community used to learn
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by floridaguy911
    Nice setups blueeyed
    Thanks, There's probably a new addition on the way. If Kel-Tec ever comes out with the PF-9. Maybe I'll give that brommeland Max-V a shot when I get that. Let me know when you get the blank Gary!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links