WOW!!! Never seen a Holster like this.... You gotta check it out!

This is a discussion on WOW!!! Never seen a Holster like this.... You gotta check it out! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's a specialty rig for specialty people. People can and do draw from rigs like that consistently in well under 2 seconds. It's for people ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WOW!!! Never seen a Holster like this.... You gotta check it out!

It's a specialty rig for specialty people. People can and do draw from rigs like that consistently in well under 2 seconds.

It's for people who stake their life on deep concealment and willing to put in the time and effort to practice and drill to proficiency! It's for people who by occupation naturally hang out around violence and place themselves in harms way dealing with violent people.

In my humble opinion that is NOT the average ccw civilian.

To me, the average ccw civilian is a person who wants to be well prepared and have the ability to survive an unexpected and relatively unlikely incident of having to defend themselves while living an otherwise relatively safe lifestyle and working in a safe occupation.

CCW civilians are forward thinkers, no doubt. And understand that no matter how remote the chance, violence does happen and have taken the proactive approach of being able to meet such threats with the tools needed to overcome and survive such an encounter.

For those who must be in harms way and who's job puts them in situations where gunfights may even be a likely outcome, this type of rig may work perfectly for them.

I have used a similar rig by another manufacturer for years and find it to be extremely comfortable for long periods of time and relatively fast to draw from if using snap buttons or modified velcro buttons. I also practice with it sometimes up to an hour a day. Just like trying to learn to play a new musical instrument... you have to practice.

I will probably buy this rig because unlike the one I have from another manufacturer, this one has a lot more accessory pouches to carry cuffs, flashlight, baton, magazines, etc.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

I have a similar set up - a chest band that rides on the chest. It actually works very well when no other option would work. You would need the higher ride of the chest band to conceal the firearm better. With the set up listed it would be hard to wear a button down shirt - and if that is the case, why fool with it? As stated before, these are options when other carry methods with not work.

This seems like the kinda thing to buy if you have alot of shirts that for some reason you want to rip open down the front Hulk Hogan style.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links