Where Do People Come Up With This Stuff? - Page 2

Where Do People Come Up With This Stuff?

This is a discussion on Where Do People Come Up With This Stuff? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It was a modified martian particle ray destructor holster...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It was a modified martian particle ray destructor holster
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Moderator
    I was curious too, but I never did get a good look at it.

It was molded plastic so it wouldn't surprise me if it was Fobus or Uncle Mike's. Some of their stuff is okay but some of it makes me shake my head while scratching it and thinking, "What in the name of all that is holy?"

This was one of those times.

Jeff, I'll have to look up that holster online and see if that was, indeed, it. I don't think it was the 92 he was complaining about. I think it was the PT145 or one of the 24/7 series.

Which is absolutely hilarious because he did come back yesterday and he was leaving just as I was coming back from lunch and I saw he had bought a gun. I went over and looked at his paperwork and guess what he bought?....

A Taurus.

I just realized that the forum is showing me as the originator of this thread. I have no idea how that happened, I just responded to Limatunes original post!
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; May 1st, 2008 at 01:04 PM. Reason: This was caused by the time stamp being out of whack.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Maybe he is just so smart and wise with the whole gun holster thing he made it himself from a vision..........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I just realized that the forum is showing me as the originator of this thread. I have no idea how that happened, I just responded to Limatunes original post!
    Talk about taking over a thread!!

Regarding the earlier comment about switching to an internal laser, I tried out the internal laser on a G21. It worked OK, but the extended slide lock used to switch it on and off hung up on my Comp-Tac kydex holsters. Too easy for the laser to be switched on in the holster and exhaust the battery.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    Don't worry about it.

We had an upgrade and the time stamps got messed up for awhile.

Its all right!!

You should have bought the gun and made him throw in whole rig. (Just for the pictures.) Would be doing everybody with in the sweep zone a lot safer.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    You should have bought the gun and made him throw in whole rig. (Just for the pictures.) Would be doing everybody with in the sweep zone a lot safer.
    I say let him keep it. The rest of us are probably safer if he's carrying in a holster that doesn't want to let go of his gun.

Too bad for him, though.
    "An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Snicker---> Grin.....

The kind of guy that keeps the attention off us CONCEALED carriers.... almost as bad as the drop loop coat hanger rig a kid from Mississippi used when I was in the Navy... Thanks for sharing Lima...
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

I'm thinking this is the one.

Sounds like a classic case of being armed....but not dangerous, unless dangerous to those standing around him. Maybe just suggest he carry his glock at the bottom of a duffle bag and a round in his shirt pocket.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

That must be one of them Barney Fife Super Tactical Laser holsters, though Barney has to keep the mag in a pouch and not in the gun ... in accordance with safety rules and all, you know...
    Glock 19/FEG/FM HiPowers/Keltec P32 for me. When I can't use my 870,N98 or Marlin .30-30 of course...

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I remember when I first started carrying, I used a cheap Uncle Mike's nylon holster with an adjustable snap thumb break. Then I got myself educated about various holsters, and I come to dislike any type of holster that uses a thumb break, and am glad I found the Blackhawk Serpa holsters. They're more pricey than the cheaper Uncle Mike's holsters, but you can't put a price on life.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Everybody needs to learn lessons from buying holsters that do not work for them and some may be a little overly cautious for my taste, but that might not be all that bad in some cases.

It's not a bad idea to show them how you carry. They may not know any better.

Not to say that how I carry is "The way to carry," but it works for me.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links