IWB Tuck Holster Reccomendation

This is a discussion on IWB Tuck Holster Reccomendation within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so some of you will think I am insane. The whole holster selection bit is extremely difficult. Very few shops have much of a ...

Thread: IWB Tuck Holster Reccomendation

Ok so some of you will think I am insane. The whole holster selection bit is extremely difficult. Very few shops have much of a selection at all. Did see some fairly good selections this week while traveling. Best was Guns & Leather in Greenbriar TN.

So I think I have read 5-10000 posts on carry options the last few days and I actually followed every single link on the mega holsters list. I have a pocket holster and I will get a belt holster for my mouse gun.

My question is of the higher grade tuck holsters (Mitch Rosen Workman, Tucker Leather etc.), which is the best one in your opinion. Are there others in this category? I have determined I want leather. Should I just get a Galco USA holster? It seems like after looking at thousands of holsters I still have about 15 choices.

Argh.

Thanks for the help
    Facts are negotiable, perceptions are not.

Take a good look at the clips, in our opinion some on the market just do not work. We use a reverse J hook, when you pull the gun the holster is staying in place.

Take Care
    Alex

You are definitely on the short list. For a small auto like the LCP wouldn't a velcro hook work just fine? Obviously have not tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by realitycramp View Post
    Ok so some of you will think I am insane. The whole holster selection bit is extremely difficult. Very few shops have much of a selection at all. Did see some fairly good selections this week while traveling. Best was Guns & Leather in Greenbriar TN.

So I think I have read 5-10000 posts on carry options the last few days and I actually followed every single link on the mega holsters list. I have a pocket holster and I will get a belt holster for my mouse gun.

My question is of the higher grade tuck holsters (Mitch Rosen Workman, Tucker Leather etc.), which is the best one in your opinion. Are there others in this category? I have determined I want leather. Should I just get a Galco USA holster? It seems like after looking at thousands of holsters I still have about 15 choices.

Argh.

Thanks for the help
    Try UBG Holsters. I have three and like them very much. Just google UBG Holsters. (UBG = Ugly Bald Guy) Gets custom holsters out in about 6 weeks or less.

Senior Moderator
    I would go with a stock item from HighNoon or FIST first.

Find out what you like with out spending lots of $$$

Then you will know more about what your are looking for in a tuckable holster or you might not like tuckables and decide to go the SmartCarry route.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I can sell you some of mine. Used very little.

Of the ones you mentioned, they are all very good. You just need to find one that works for you. Unfortunately, with so few places to actually look at the holster and try them, it is a bit of an expensive experiment.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

What holsters do you have? I might be interested.

Argh.

Thanks for the help
    I have owned and tried a truck-load of holsters. Nothing; repeat, nothing, satisfies my needs, like Tucker Gunleather. Tucker's, The Answer, is the single-most comfortable, versitile and well made holster I have ever encountered. It goes on, and comes off, with my pants. It has, and does pass, the "nap test," on a regular basis.

There is simply nothing like it. After all, it is, THE Answer.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

Also, check out Wild Bill's for a nice tuckable IWB that won't break the bank. Very comfortable and well made. The only drawback, is that it is a belt clip only. I'm leaning towards the V-clips for more concealability with casual business dress.

Comp-Tac 2 o'clock for mouse gun

I will get a belt holster for my mouse gun.
    I know that you are leaning towards leather for your tuckable belt carry holster for a small gun. I generally prefer leather also, but have been very pleased with the kydex IWB tuckable holster from Comp-Tac called the "2 o'clock" for my small Kahr MK9. It holds the gun in vertical position, which is fine for a short barrel gun with a two finger length grip. This one is designed for appendix carry, which works very well for me. The holster is made of thin material and the support clip is offset from the gun to keep the total package slim.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Sponsored Links