Spartan vs MTAC

This is a discussion on Spartan vs MTAC within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was considering purchasing a new IWB holster for my G30. I was looking at the Spartan for $64. But the MTAC for $80 appears ...

Thread: Spartan vs MTAC

Spartan vs MTAC

I was considering purchasing a new IWB holster for my G30. I was looking at the Spartan for $64. But the MTAC for $80 appears to be more comfortable. The rear of the Spartan does not have the attachments covered which may be uncomfortable.

Is it worth saving the $16? Is the MTAC that much more comfortable than the Spartan?

Thanks.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

Same holster except not a pretty. The fasteners are not covered by the extra piece of material to make it more comfortable. For the extra $16.00 I'd get the MTAC. It's only a couple gallons of gas difference!

I ordered the MTAC. I ordered the C clips. After reading the MTAC vs Crossbread thread I may just call them an switch to the standard clips. They look thinner than the clips that I had on my CTAC.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Just received my MTAC in the mail on Saturday and all I can say is wow. This thing is comfortable. I didn't even need to change pant sizes. The standard clips work very well. My wife couldn't even tell it was on. Very impressed with CompTac's customer service and communication.

Get the MTAC, it is a very comfortable and secure. The cheaper one has exposed hardware riding against you. The MTAC is WORTH the extra $16. I love mine, so does my son.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    I ordered the MTAC. I ordered the C clips. After reading the MTAC vs Crossbread thread I may just call them an switch to the standard clips. They look thinner than the clips that I had on my CTAC.
    Good idea. The standard clips are much sturdier & thinner now. They also attach easier.

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    definitely do the standard clips. actually, call them and ask if you can get the C-TAC standard clips instead of the M-TAC standard clips--they have 5 holes vs. the 3 holes on the M-TAC standards, but attach just as easily and give you more control over cant and ride depth.

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    I have the MTAC.....very comfortable. It's my primary holster. If you have question about it, you may want to fall back on the "you get what you pay for" mentality. Less might work, but many here will tell you that 'more' does work.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

clips

Quote Originally Posted by mrhutch View Post
    definitely do the standard clips. actually, call them and ask if you can get the C-TAC standard clips instead of the M-TAC standard clips--they have 5 holes vs. the 3 holes on the M-TAC standards, but attach just as easily and give you more control over cant and ride depth.
    The CTAC and MTAC standard clips all have the 5 holes. The older style had 3.

Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    Correct, my new MTAC has 5 holes on the standard clip.

haven't tried either, but my Custom Carry Concepts Looper is an awesome took to carry my weapon. Very small, comfortable, and lightweight. The price is great as well. I suggest looking into one for those that are indecided.

Why not get the Spartan and a piece of mole skin to cover the back? That's what I would do at least.

Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    i stand corrected. they need to change their picture on the website lol.

Get the MTAC. Life is too short for cheap holsters. The extra money will be worth it. I have an MTAC and really like it.

Links