I'm comfortable

I'm comfortable

This is a discussion on I'm comfortable within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have only been carrying for three weeks... I have a Bersa 380 and Ruger P95. I carry both in cheap Uncle Mike's IWB (not ...

Thread: I'm comfortable

I'm comfortable

I have only been carrying for three weeks... I have a Bersa 380 and Ruger P95. I carry both in cheap Uncle Mike's IWB (not at the same time) and find it comfortable and simple to draw. Actually the P95 is more comfortable then the 380, I guess due to smooth lines.I wear on my right at three o'clock. Am i just blessed or missing the big picture? Don't want to spen $ on holsters that could go for more guns.

Is your holster the nylon or kydex? I'm assuming the nylon since you carry both pistols in the same holster. Sure it's comfortable--it's soft. I have one--don't use it very often. Occasionally I'll use it for the baby Glock SOB or appendix while around the house. If you do any bending, or sit/stand activities or driving a vehicle, there is a tendency for the choice of armament to squeeze it's way up out of that kind of holster. BTW--I threw away the velcro strap it came with--never used that. The only thing retaining your firearm is your belt and your body pretty much. If it works for you then hey--but beware. Alternative methods are a must--to learn, and develop what we do and how we do it. I have several holsters, and several carry pistols--each has it's own specific purpose and use depending on anticipated activities, the weather, the clothing, etc.......... You really need more options. I won't be the only one to tell you this either. If you take constructive criticism, that's okay also. By the way--you don't need to break the bank for a decent holster or two and a good or better belt and put it all together. You'll see soon enough.

Congrats on finding a system that works for you! As far as missing the big picture, I'd say not so. You just happen to find an inexpensive way to carry that works for you while so many of us either have different body shapes, types or tolerances that require different styles of holsters. Now to be honest with you most of us who have these so called drawers full of holsters because we have an addiction to leather. Yes like the allure of polished or blued metal we are also addicted to the lovely smell of dyed leather, with the beautiful burnished edges and each intricate stitch. Plus is like collecting pokemon--you gotta have em all!
    "All war is deception" --Sun Tzu
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

both holsters are the cheap nylon iwb without straps. I agree that the bersa is not secure enough. Another reason I am more comfortable with the p95.

There's a reason Sparks has a six month waiting list.
    The VM2 often sells for 3x it's retail price on fleabay.
    Ever wonder why?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Administrator
    A Chevette will (or would have) get you to work everyday too, but until you have driven a Corvette you will never truly understand what you have missed.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    A Chevette will (or would have) get you to work everyday too, but until you have driven a Corvette you will never truly understand what you have missed.
    Yeaaaa.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Don't tell me you HAVE one

Your point is well taken and correct. Nothing beats a quality leather holster. I started out with a nylon holster...it worked...but not like a quality leather holster.

Stay armed...with quality...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Don't tell me you HAVE one

Your point is well taken and correct. Nothing beats a quality leather holster. I started out with a nylon holster...it worked...but not like a quality leather holster.

Stay armed...with quality...stay safe!
    No, I dont have one.
    Last edited by SIXTO; May 3rd, 2008 at 05:00 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Comfort is one important consideration......security is the other. You should be able to run, jump, or even somersault without worrying that your weapon might come loose. If you can, congratulations, you have a holster that will serve you well. If not, you might want to evaluate another holster.

I started out with the Uncle Mikes IWB holsters. Other than one I have for my Ruger LCP I've thrown them all away. Once you've spent a day carrying in a quality leather holster I'm sure you'll do the same. Galco's are great...Milt Sparks are the holy grail of holsters IMHO. Try one out some time....

Links