Suggestions on IWB holster options for Glock 23

This is a discussion on Suggestions on IWB holster options for Glock 23 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to buy an IWB holster for my G23. (I am not a big fan of IWB carry but, I want the option) ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on IWB holster options for Glock 23

Suggestions on IWB holster options for Glock 23

I am going to buy an IWB holster for my G23. (I am not a big fan of IWB carry but, I want the option)
    I am leaning towards a leather IWB holster even though I am a big Kydex guy. The reason for this is that I feel the Kydex IWB rigs probably are not a comfortable as the leather ones.

I will carry at the 4:30 position or so. I have rather boney hips now, not so much a couple of years ago when I was fat but I am now much leaner and I find that my hips do not have much in the way of padding anymore so this is a concern in the comfort department.

I am willing to buy a good holster but my budget I am working with is in the $100 range.

So please, all you IWB guys and girls out there, give me some suggestions.

Also, if possible, I would like to buy a holster that I do not have to wait months for. If there is a good, well made, on the shelf model out there I am more likely to go with it than one I have to order and wait months for it to be fabricated and sent to me.

I anxiously await your suggestions.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

I carry my G23 in an MTAC and am very satisfied. It's less than $100 and takes about a week to get.

I favor the UBG Canute UBG Holsters

It's very comfortable, reasonably priced at $70, and has a 6-8 week delivery time. If you don't have to have the dual offset loop style, or you're in more of a hurry, Brownells usually has the classic Sparks Summer Special 2 in stock for the G23. Good luck.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

I am a Crossbreed fan myself, though I do wish they had full barrel coverage.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by brokenbow View Post
    I carry my G23 in an MTAC and am very satisfied. It's less than $100 and takes about a week to get.
    +1

I have a CTAC and an MTAC....both GREAT holsters for my G23.
    The MTAC sees more wear because of the leather back.....it's just more comfortable in the heat when I'm not wearing an undershirt, but both holsters have a place and I'm using the CTAC with the C or J clips for better concealment when I tuck my shirt in around it. My G23 dissappears in both holsters and I gennerally wear them around 4 or 4:30.

Also, both were ordered at diffrent times and both arrived within two weeks of ordering them......a BIG plus! I got two of thier belts too, very nice.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I am leaning towards a leather IWB holster even though I am a big Kydex guy. The reason for this is that I feel the Kydex IWB rigs probably are not a comfortable as the leather ones.
    I carry my G19 or G27 most of the time in this:
    Scorpion IWB Holster
    They state it's designed for all day comfort. That's a fact in my book. It's more comfortable than my MTac

I use a galco USA or UDC every day. The only difference between the UDC and USA is the reinforced opening.

Check out (see Related Links) Fist holsters, #1A with a cant, clip, and a body protector...
    I have no less than 6 of them...easy in/easy out...will not pull off of a belt, very comfortable...moderate price range/$40...5-6 weeks delivery...quality...you won't regret the purchase.

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by brokenbow View Post
    Another vote for the Mtac. Carry my 30SF in one and it conceals very well and is comfortable too. Got mine 7 days from order to door.

VIP Member
    I have been satisfied with these for both a Glock Model 30 and a Smith & Wesson SW40VE:

Split Decision

If you prefer no cant:

Hidden Ally

Alter Ego

I never tuck mine, but it is nice to have the option, I suppose. I definitely like the J-clip.

I suspect these also would do well if you don't want the tuckable feature:

Bare Asset

Mr Softy

All of these holsters are stocking items, with no waiting. All should be available for the Glock Model 23.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

I have become a big fan of Ross Leather, and I have three holsters made by them. I carry my 1911 in this:
    CCWSUPPLY.BIZ - Ross M17 CTU Agent IWB Holster

It is the most comfortable IWB I own, and I am getting ready to buy one each for my other guns.

I do drool over MTAC and Crossbreed holters too though, but I have not had the pleasure of trying one of them.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Try TT Gunleather. Great holsters with a 6-8 week wait and well worth it!

Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. This gives me a lot to look at and work with.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

B52
    1+ for the M-tac.

Lots of options out there...

Whatever you get, I would advise you to get one that has belt-loops made for a specific width. In other words, you want the holster loops to fit your belt exactly so there's not any "slop." A good fit ensures maximum stability and concealment.

don't buy one that "fits up to ___" unless you're going to wear the largest width belt the holster loops will accomodate.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links