Holster palooza

Holster palooza

This is a discussion on Holster palooza within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As always, I was out of town on business for several days and the UPS man cometh, much to my wife's chagrin Crossbreed supertuck, Highnoon ...

Thread: Holster palooza

Holster palooza

As always, I was out of town on business for several days and the UPS man cometh, much to my wife's chagrin

Crossbreed supertuck, Highnoon split decision, and a smartcarry. Walked in the door last night after a late flight and the love of my life says "Hi" followed immediately by "how many holsters did you order?" Oh well, there are worse obsessions!

I am looking forward to a weekend of playing with my new toys, adjusting, tweeking, tinkering, sniffing (the leather parts of course) and generally messing with my new stuff.

I am new to carry concealed, and I strongly suspect most of my 'uncomfortable feelings' will go away when I use any of these fine products. The journey to comfortable carry is far more complicated then I presumed when I got my permit.

After 35+ years of hunting/plinking/cattle protection varmit shootin' carrying with one in the pipe has been very difficult for me. I can still hear my fathers voice in one of our many discussions about not chambering until it is time to shoot. In there lies the key. In ccw, you have already assumed that you may need it at any time, therefore, one in the pipe is necessary.

These holsters will help me establish a comfort level with the pistol being secure and stable, the trigger properly covered, and help with the unsightly bulge issues. Although, in light of full disclosure, the post 40 yr old bulges are far more unsightly!

saturday morning ramblings.......

Have fun, have a great weekend! Be safe while you're playing around with the options. One in the pipe is outlawed while 'playing' around the new stuff.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Yeah, let us know how they workout. I have a Split Decision and have been wondering how it compares to the Supertuck.

Congrats on a good start to your holster drawer!

FWIW, it took me some uncomfortable days to realize that the supertuck can be adjusted for cant by moving the clips relative to each other. Lower the rear clip and raise the front clip for a forward cant which, at least for me, was the most comfortable.

Let us know how they work out for you....

....and BTW, tell your wife that she shouldn't complain as long as your holsters don't outnumber her shoes.

Let us know how that works out for you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Have fun, have a great weekend! Be safe while you're playing around with the options. One in the pipe is outlawed while 'playing' around the new stuff.

I practice safe practice! Thanks for the reminder, that sort of talk is always in season!

Quote Originally Posted by mdrotar View Post
    As always, I was out of town on business for several days and the UPS man cometh, much to my wife's chagrin

Crossbreed supertuck, Highnoon split decision, and a smartcarry. Walked in the door last night after a late flight and the love of my life says "Hi" followed immediately by "how many holsters did you order?" Oh well, there are worse obsessions!

I am looking forward to a weekend of playing with my new toys, adjusting, tweeking, tinkering, sniffing (the leather parts of course) and generally messing with my new stuff.

I am new to carry concealed, and I strongly suspect most of my 'uncomfortable feelings' will go away when I use any of these fine products. The journey to comfortable carry is far more complicated then I presumed when I got my permit.

After 35+ years of hunting/plinking/cattle protection varmit shootin' carrying with one in the pipe has been very difficult for me. I can still hear my fathers voice in one of our many discussions about not chambering until it is time to shoot. In there lies the key. In ccw, you have already assumed that you may need it at any time, therefore, one in the pipe is necessary.

These holsters will help me establish a comfort level with the pistol being secure and stable, the trigger properly covered, and help with the unsightly bulge issues. Although, in light of full disclosure, the post 40 yr old bulges are far more unsightly!

saturday morning ramblings.......
    I believe that this question has been asked by 99% of the wives of members on this forum......and in some cases, some of the husbands have asked the same question...

Enjoy your new arrivals...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Been asked that myself.
    You will love the High Noon , and Supertuck, I have these and there great!
    What do you carry?
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    Been asked that myself.
    You will love the High Noon , and Supertuck, I have these and there great!
    What do you carry?
    Learning to carry an XD-40 sc. Love that little toy.

When it rains-it pours!

Enjoy safely
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Nothing like getting new holsters especially leather
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    my wife didn't want to know how many. Her question was "how much are all these holsters costing?" haha. I said "the mtac was like 80 bucks" she said thats not too bad. Little did she know I didn't mention the addittional $15 to velcro clips, and the nice belt with Velcro lining. And the smart-carry. And that other one. Hahaha. I think I've got the itch to try a couple more too. I had no idea what I as getting into when I bought my first handgun.

Links