MTAC, C clips or standard?

This is a discussion on MTAC, C clips or standard? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mrhutch standard clips all the way! i ordered mine with the c-clips originally, and found them difficult to keep on my belt ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MTAC, C clips or standard?

Quote Originally Posted by mrhutch View Post
    standard clips all the way! i ordered mine with the c-clips originally, and found them difficult to keep on my belt as well as extremely bulky--they print like crazy and my xd dissapears. i ordered the standard clips to replace the c clips, and it's like an entirely different holster. 10 times more comfortable and completely disappears under my t-shirt now.
    Are you talking about the current C-clips or the older style? I'd agree about the old style metal C-clips, but the new, thin, polymer C-clips are a whole different critter!

This is the new style:

They grip a corresponding belt size extremely well. With a stiff belt, you will have to feed it through - you won't be able to just lever it into place. I think they have a much smaller print than even the new, thiner, standard clips.

I just got in a MTAC with the new style C-clips for a full sized 1911 and they do really well. I was impressed enough to order a set as a retrofit for my P95's Crossbreed Supertuck.

Nick

2. Remove Ads

Those are exactly the clips my MTAC has installed.
    Mindset - Tactics - Skills - Equipment
    http://www.ingunowners.com
    W9ZEB dot Org

Standard clips for me. Hold well with a good belt.

Quote Originally Posted by nikdfish View Post
    Are you talking about the current C-clips or the older style? I'd agree about the old style metal C-clips, but the new, thin, polymer C-clips are a whole different critter!

This is the new style:

They grip a corresponding belt size extremely well. With a stiff belt, you will have to feed it through - you won't be able to just lever it into place. I think they have a much smaller print than even the new, thiner, standard clips.

I just got in a MTAC with the new style C-clips for a full sized 1911 and they do really well. I was impressed enough to order a set as a retrofit for my P95's Crossbreed Supertuck.

Nick
    ***? i just ordered c-clips a month ago with my comp-tac and they sent me the old style. had to spend $18 after shipping on the standard clips.

oh well, the standard clips are easier to secure on the belt.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Any other opinions on the new C clips? Are they a better choice over the new standard clips?

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    New C-clips.....!?!? I wamt some! They look much better that the original, old style.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Any other opinions on the new C clips? Are they a better choice over the new standard clips?
    I recommend getting them both. I ordered both my CTAC and MTAC with an "extra" set of a diffrent style of clips. The standard clips are the most functional IMO, but the C-clips and the J-clips I have also have thier place.

I say get 'em both.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

TacticalCompact,

Do you have a front pic while wearing that belt? I'm thinking from the looks that when I eventually get one I should go with the tapered designs to "lighten" them up a bit for other than jeans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links