Looking for black belt clips

This is a discussion on Looking for black belt clips within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm trying to find a company online where I can order black belt clips for my IBW holster that I'm making. I have found stainless ...

Thread: Looking for black belt clips

Question Looking for black belt clips

I'm trying to find a company online where I can order black belt clips for my IBW holster that I'm making. I have found stainless steel ones at Websites like Tandy leather, etc, but I want a black one like you would find on a Don Hume or Galco holster. I know there's got to be someone out there that sells them. Any Websites that you could show me would be a great help.

Thanks,
    If only the militia can be armed, will the government pick the loyalists or the patriots?

Was it our Founding Fathers intent to let someone like King George pick who can be a militia?

2. Remove Ads

Try Comp-Tac for plastic ones. I haven't seen the metal ones around.
    -Biker

I've looked all over too and Comp-tac is the only one I've found but they're pricey. Someone suggested to me about making them, they said all you need is a heat gun and some kydex but I have yet to play around with it. If you do find some can you let me know.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by usmc0341 View Post
    I've looked all over too and Comp-tac is the only one I've found but they're pricey. Someone suggested to me about making them, they said all you need is a heat gun and some kydex but I have yet to play around with it. If you do find some can you let me know.

Brian
    They are only $14.00??? Thats not bad if they will work for your application. Plus they are strong, and will fit the appropriate size belt well. You'll spend more than $14.00 in kydex and messing up a couple trying to get it right.

Check around with other kydex holster makers too. I know you can order just the clips from Crossbreed. When I first messed with making an IWB holster I got my clips from Tucker Gunleather who uses Comptac's clips.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I've thought about making the clips using Kydex, although I'm concerned about them breaking. Guess I need to make one and try it.

I just don't want to use the stainless steel ones since they would be so obvious.
    If only the militia can be armed, will the government pick the loyalists or the patriots?

Was it our Founding Fathers intent to let someone like King George pick who can be a militia?

In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

Tucker Gunleather sells the kydex clips individually as well....

Here's the link for Tucker's clips: Extra Kydex Belt Clips
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I bought a few from Comptac that I'm not gonna use. If you just want two, send me a PM .
    Heisenberg may have slept here

Quote Originally Posted by MSU Spartan View Post
    They are only $14.00??? Thats not bad if they will work for your application. Plus they are strong, and will fit the appropriate size belt well. You'll spend more than $14.00 in kydex and messing up a couple trying to get it right.
    The metal clips from Tandy are about $2 so in my opinion $14 is pricey. When you are making holsters all those little costs add up, that was my reason for suggesting making them, and once you get it right you will save money in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc0341 View Post
    The metal clips from Tandy are about $2 so in my opinion $14 is pricey. When you are making holsters all those little costs add up, that was my reason for suggesting making them, and once you get it right you will save money in the long run.
    No arguments here on that one. If I was in the business, then I would be looking for the best ones I could find that fit my application and match the quality of product I was making. It may be $14 clip or a $2 clip...depends on the product.

Now this is just my .02 cents worth but I won't buy or use Tandy metal clips for any holsters. They are cheap knock offs from China ( I've heard ) and they will break. When I build holsters I buy Comp-Tac clips for my customers. Tuckers are nice clips also.
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

Fozzy Bear:

PM sent.

Rhome: Yes, the Tandy ones just aern't the quality that are used by holster makers now. They are also an old design that just don't work as well. Not to forget to mention the shiney nickle finish.

Links