Ladies Mom needs a CCW Purse...Help...

This is a discussion on Ladies Mom needs a CCW Purse...Help... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mymom took her class about 4 months ago and she is a single mom and has not been able to get her money for permit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Mom needs a CCW Purse...Help...

Ladies Mom needs a CCW Purse...Help...

Mymom took her class about 4 months ago and she is a single mom and has not been able to get her money for permit until now. She did not want my help she wanted to work for it. Now this weekend mom is going to get her a CCW pistol. Her Rossi 357 is to large for her too carry. Mom is a nurse and gets in late night. She needs a purse she can drop her pistol in when she gets in her car from the hospital (obvious the pistol will be in the car while she is at work). Anyway she needs a purse. Any ideas what do you carry and places she or I can look to get one. Guys chime in too. She really realized she needed a few nights ago when too young guys harassed her on her way home from work. She went different way and lost them. She just told me and I just told mom this week is the week she gears up. I live about an hour away from my mom so you can see why this important. How do you ladies carry.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    On a budget Blue I'd imagine something big enough would be at Wally World for a fair price.

No specific suggestion right now.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

95, thanks you are always quick with advice. I found a good site for mom at GunGear.com.

Assistant Administrator
    Glad to hear it Blue - priority certainly is for her to get fixed up and so be carrying all time.

Precious people Moms. I still miss mine.
    Chris - P95

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Coronado Leather makes some nice holster-purses. Not cheap but good quality does cost real money.

Check them out at:
    http://www.coronadoleather.com/

Lead Moderator
    check out what Dillon has in their catalog for ideas . Lots of planners, ect. for off body carry.

Quote Originally Posted by LenS
    Coronado Leather makes some nice holster-purses. Not cheap but good quality does cost real money.

Check them out at:
    http://www.coronadoleather.com/
    100% leather with a guarantee and being mom is living alone and my sister is off away at college. Priority is functionality and service. Like ol' 95 , heck Wal mart may even do. The site I have above is great for moms purposes. Thanks anyway.

PS Post, before I pay 200.00 for a purse or 600.00 for CCW Leather Jacket I would just buy another pistol. Secondly, my old military parka is awesome two velcro pockets that are designed for business. I earned my jacket, but I guess you could get one at a Army Navy store.

VIP Member
    If she's going the budget route, she can try, at her local department store, to find a compartmentalized purse that has a large pocket that she can reserve for the gun only. Gun purses tend to be side-access, but top access can be just as good. Just my personal opinion - she may want to avoid a zipper entry pocket just in case it snags. A velcro closure pocket might not be easy to find, but purses with magnet clasps, single large snap or no closure would be easy to find. From there she can modify, like adding a velcro closure if there is none (you can strips of velcro in the WalMart craft section), and a cheap holster fastened to the inside of the pocket would secure the gun.

Hey, I also found this site:
    http://www.fungunpurses.com/

Or, you can just PM me your mailing address - I have one she can have, no charge (see attached pics). It's big enough to fit my USPc. It's black leather and durable.
    Attached Images
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I'll second the Coronado purses. The minimum requirement should be that any purse have a dedicated pocket for gun carry, preferably with a holster built into that pocket. It should also be easy to open. Just like was said before, zippers and velcro don't always win the prize for fast access in a hurry.

1952 - 2006
    I have a problem with the idea of purse carry.

The purse could be the object of the assualt. You would have a hell of a time getting the gun out of a purse that some yahoo has jumped from around a corner to grab.

IMHO
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Assistant Administrator
    I also have problem Bob for same reason. I want to transition my wife over to on body carry somehow - trouble is the ladies are less likely to wear belts etc - but it sure is better.

That said - if purse carried very consciously with good awareness then it is better than not having anything IMO - lesser of 2 evils type of deal.
    Chris - P95

VIP Member
    I'm also not fond of any off-body carry method. If anybody wants to use those methods, then they need to take the extra precautions to secure those guns at all times so they are not left behind or snatched.

Choose a cross-body purse - it's a lot harder to snatch when it's got a body attached to it. There's one woman I know who uses a carry purse - she holds it close to her body and has her hand in the gun pocket, and you really can't tell. If anybody tries to snatch her purse, unholstering is quick and deadly.

There's women (and even men) who are under the impression that they can't conceal a gun on the person, or think it's too uncomfortable or inconvenient. I'm not an expert on all body types, but in most cases, a simple wardrobe change can accomodate a carry gun. The permitholder can balance fashion and safety.

On the other hand, I'm going to a fancy dinner party tonight, and a woman's attire appropriate for the occasion limits what one can carry. That's what my wrist-loop clutch purse is for. It's one of the extremely rare occasions when I carry off-body, but it's got to be done if I want to carry at all.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I agree with on the body, but mom is a nurse and the weapon will be in her car. However, she does want a holster like my fobus when she is out and about. Thanks for all of the inputs.

Mom, just called that quick and she says that she has just picked up a purse for her gun. Thanks again everyone and thank you also Betty you are a weatlh of information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links