Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC

Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC

This is a discussion on Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got this today, Unfortunately I;m still waiting on my CCW to come in the mail. Oh well one less thing to worry about. I'm ...

Comp-tac Minotaur MTAC

Just got this today, Unfortunately I;m still waiting on my CCW to come in the mail. Oh well one less thing to worry about. I'm 5'6 130 lbs & 29'' waist (yea so what, I'm a little guy ). Carrying a 4'' government frame 1911. My only gripe/concern is that the nutplates for the interchangeable kydex body is not flexible enough for me, since I'm pretty slim. It's not noticeable with a shirt over it (which is what i wear everyday) but it could conform to my body better if it was more flexible. For the skinny people looking to buy one, keep that in mind.

Bushmaster XM15-E2S
    Kimber Eclipse Pro II
    Springfield XD-9 Service (sold)

As the leather breaks in it'll mold it's self a little.....the rest of it's up to you. I'd suggest eating more to help bulk up around that brand new holster.
    That's a good rig there.....now if that darned CCL would just hurry up.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

yep I'm sure the leather will be more pliable once it breaks it. And the eating thing, well I don't personally know of anybody that can out eat me. I will take donations for food however
    Bushmaster XM15-E2S
    Kimber Eclipse Pro II

Quote Originally Posted by tt350z View Post
    And the eating thing, well I don't personally know of anybody that can out eat me.
    I think I remember having a metabolism.....?!?

Also, for the comfort level, have you tried wearing the MTAC in a diffrent position or adjusting the clips? It takes a little time but you might find a more comfortable setting.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    I think I remember having a metabolism.....?!?

Also, for the comfort level, have you tried wearing the MTAC in a diffrent position or adjusting the clips? It takes a little time but you might find a more comfortable setting.
    Ahh, the pleasures of being 21

Yea, I'm currently fiddling around with the clips finding a comfortable position. This is just my initial impressions right out of the package. My main concern is finding a position where the grip does print out the back when I'm sitting down.
    Bushmaster XM15-E2S
    Kimber Eclipse Pro II

I'm very happy with my MTAC. I've been carrying a 5" 1911 in it for two weeks now and it's the bees knees.

Have you thought about using a mag with a flush base plate? Use the mag that's pictured in the gun as your reload. That'd help with the printing issue.

Gary

yea I've got a flush mag that I'll be using for CC. The wilson just happened to be inserted at the time. So far, the setup that suits me best is having the holster riding at the lowest setting, allowing less of the grip to stick out when I'm sitting.
    Bushmaster XM15-E2S
    Kimber Eclipse Pro II

I would also recommend placing it a little further back towards your kidney areas (3:30-4:00, or it looks like you are left handed so, 8:30-8:00). I've found for me that doing that plus having the clips on a lower setting puts the grip right in that small gap in your back between your side and your spine. It's near invisible, even when tucking in a t-shirt.

Actually I'm right handed. I took the picture in the mirror. I just noticed when you said that it looked like I was left handed.
    Bushmaster XM15-E2S
    Kimber Eclipse Pro II

It'll break in but also consider that the full size 1911 may be a bit too big for your body frame. Get yourself a commander or compact (4in w/officer frame) for that MTAC and it'll fit your body better.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I was shocked to see the full sized 1911 on the final picture. Dang. I love that holster.

I am your size (or was when I was your age) and I carry a Glock 27. You will find it much easier to conceal if you pick up a smaller framed gun like some of the compact versions of the 1911. I would second the motion to find maybe a different carry position. I wear mine around 5 o'clock and find it very comfortable and concealable.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by VtCO View Post
    I would also recommend placing it a little further back towards your kidney areas (3:30-4:00, or it looks like you are left handed so, 8:30-8:00). I've found for me that doing that plus having the clips on a lower setting puts the grip right in that small gap in your back between your side and your spine. It's near invisible, even when tucking in a t-shirt.
    +1. That IS the problem. You need to move it back. It looks like you have it at the 2:30-3:00 position in the photo. When you move it back the pistol grip will sit against you concealing it much better.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Further back to 4:00 or 4:30 will help pull that grip in closer to your back but the tradeoff is discomfort when you sit down. You'll get used to it though.

Just wear it and it will mold itself to you in a short time. I wear mine at the 4-4:30 position with my Glocks and find it most comfortable and concealable position for me. BUT, it's all a matter of body type, gun and what is comfortable on you. A little experimenting and I'm sure you'll find the MTAC is a G R E A T hoslter.

Links