Broomland Holsters

This is a discussion on Broomland Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry - spelled Brommeland wrong. Some time ago I purchased a Max Con V from Gary for my Glock27. Shortly after receiving it I called ...

Thread: Broomland Holsters

Broomland Holsters

Sorry - spelled Brommeland wrong.
    Some time ago I purchased a Max Con V from Gary for my Glock27.
    Shortly after receiving it I called Coal Creek to purchase a Max Con V
    for my Glock 23 and found out something I did not know.

They did not have a model 23 in stock, but assured me that the model for the Glock22 would fit the Glock 22,23,&27 so I purchased it and they are right & it was delivered in 4 days.
    My Glock23 & 27 fit into the model 22 holster just fine. I compared the Max Con 22 with the Max Con 27 and side by side they are the same exact out side dimensions. The pocket for the gun is naturally some what longer on the model 22 then the 23 & 27. I now have one Holster for three Glocks.
    I carry the G23 every day and this holster conceals the 23 under a T- shirt or polo. I carry at about 2:30/3PM and it not only conceals great but is also super comfortable. I can not say enough for Gary's exceptional holsters, he does show his concern for my life by providing a great product at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by Ray Blodgett; May 8th, 2008 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Spelled Broomeland wrong
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

2. Remove Ads

I'm a Brommeland fan also.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Nice! He makes great holsters! I'm jealous!

Some would suggest to use only the gun the holster is intended for, in order to maximize it's life. Maybe some of the holster makers can elaborate. Personally, I'll use a holster for different gun as long as the barrel length difference is less than 1/2" (don't know why?), assuming the same other dimensions such as in G26 vs G19. Anyways...Glad you found a holster that's comfortable.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    This theory holds true for several other gun models. 1911s, for example. a 5 inch will accommodate any smaller size. The only potential problem, is the leather at the muzzle end getting soft and supple. The retention isn't there, so it's not a real hazard.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Distinguished Member
    I just bought a Def Con for my 1911 from Coal Creek . It is the best holster that I have so far . I am waiting for a eagle defender from KD , I will let you know in about 5 more weeks how I like it . I have bought a couple holsters from UBG , that I don't like as much as my Bianchi or Galco .

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    I just bought a Def Con for my 1911 from Coal Creek . It is the best holster that I have so far . I am waiting for a eagle defender from KD , I will let you know in about 5 more weeks how I like it . I have bought a couple holsters from UBG , that I don't like as much as my Bianchi or Galco .
    Hi redrick. I assume the Def-Con was for a 5 inch gun. I have been trying to get one for a 4 inch, but to no avail. I have pretty much given up.
    I have one of Gary's Premium Def-Cons for my Kahr P9. In my view is that it is the best OWB I have seen, and I have some holsters by acknowledged top makers.

I also admit that when you get to that level of skill and perfection, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

Regards,
    Jerry

Distinguished Member
    JerryM it was for a 4 to 4 1/2" barrel .
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    JerryM it was for a 4 to 4 1/2" barrel .
    Thanks, and glad you got it. That is GREAT.

I am also waiting for a Laredo Defender from Kevin. It will have a body shield, which is the only reason I want to replace my current holster. I first ordered an Eagle but having used my Laredo with a G26 I liked it so well I changed.
    Let us know what you think of the Eagle.

Best,
    Jerry

Links