Rocket Man IWB Holster Review

This is a discussion on Rocket Man IWB Holster Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I, like many on this forum, have a box full of holsters...some better than others. Today I actually purchased my first kydex holster: from (Rocket ...

Thread: Rocket Man IWB Holster Review

Rocket Man IWB Holster Review

I, like many on this forum, have a box full of holsters...some better than others. Today I actually purchased my first kydex holster: from (Rocket Man) RM Holster Works. It is the "low rider" IWB.

RM Holster Works

The simple belt clamp works as advertised. What a steal at $ 49.95. I find it easy to wear and comfortable.

This is the first IWB holster that I can tolerate...who'd thunk it...a plastic holster for my plastic gun...eh?

The clamp is actually molded right from the holster in one kydex piece...it works outstanding:

Note the "slide guard" which makes it so much easier to wear up against the skin:

2. Remove Ads

Part II

Oh...forgot to add...the G26 just disapears in this low rider IWB...I found it very comfortable. Damn...I actually am wearing a kydex holster...never thought I'd see the day...

That's great that it works out for you, the integrated clip looks efficient and allows the gun to sit low... I had a Comptac Infidel (very similar style) and it felt like a hard piece of plastic jamming me in my side (who knew?).

Giving it another college try with Kydex, I have a Raven Concealment holster in the mail to me. It appears to be a nice setup and I've read great reviews.

Anyway, nice review!

Retract...

Ok...I've been wearing this holster for a couple of days now...I am going to admit that I'm wrong in the assessment. Kydex just does not get comfortable.

Oh...it works temporarily...but not for all day where one sits...stands...squats...etc. I must also admit that the Glock 26 is, in itself, pretty thick and might be a good portion of the problem concealing IWB to begin with.

So...another holster for the box. That Null UNS sure looks comfortable! Think I'll give that one a try. If that doesn't work...I give up on IWB carry...at least for the G26. I might just have to settle for a high ride OWB and be done with it.
    It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Try the Mtac from Comp Tac, You won't have another holster disappointment. I comfortably carry my G27 in one. Most comfortable IW I onw, PLUS they give you a trial period, so if not happy send it back and get a refund.

Go Crossbreed, 2 week trial.

+1 crossbreed

My most comfortable IWB setup is a HKp2000 with a Milt Sparks VM2. I am still playing with the best setup for a Kahr PM9 I want to order a VM2 for it just don't want to wait so long. I love his holsters I am thinking of trying a TT GunLeather with my PM9.

VIP Member
    Crossbreed is wort a shot. It works for me.

+100 Crossbreed

-JT

Heard good things about MTAC and Crossbreed both, and they look very similar. Leaning toward a MTAC only b/c I want to buy an additional skin and be able to use the one holster for both my G27 and my 1911's.

Links