5.11 Leather Belt

5.11 Leather Belt

This is a discussion on 5.11 Leather Belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at a 5.11 sale at a local distributor today and picked up the following leather (see Link) belt for $29 plus another 20% ...

Thread: 5.11 Leather Belt

5.11 Leather Belt

I was at a 5.11 sale at a local distributor today and picked up the following leather (see Link) belt for $29 plus another 20% off. They had 3-4 colors and so far it appears like a great belt. Has anyone else tried their belts? I can carry my Glock IWB & OWB without any issues - only been approx 8 hours. Unless there is some hidden issues that I do not know about - this makes it affordable to get one of each color for all dress situations. They also had a wilderness type belt - which I got free for purchasing some clothing - but I have not tried that one yet. Opinions?

5.11 Leather Casual Belt - 1.5'' Detail Stitch

VIP Member
    I've using one daily for about 4 months and it seems to be holding up well. A pretty good value for the money IMO.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    I was at a 5.11 sale at a local distributor today and picked up the following leather (see Link) belt for $29 plus another 20% off. They had 3-4 colors and so far it appears like a great belt. Has anyone else tried their belts? I can carry my Glock IWB & OWB without any issues - only been approx 8 hours. Unless there is some hidden issues that I do not know about - this makes it affordable to get one of each color for all dress situations. They also had a wilderness type belt - which I got free for purchasing some clothing - but I have not tried that one yet. Opinions?

5.11 Leather Casual Belt - 1.5'' Detail Stitch
    The distributor you were at, do they sell over the net? The 5.11 site has the belts for $34.95

I have had one for a couple months now, it took me some getting used to, but its a pretty good belt IMO.

sometimes I'll grab the 5.11 belt and wear it as an everyday belt. I never notice it as anything different.

I have had one for about six months now. Some of my holsters have metal clips that have caused some wear and tear on the belt, exposing the plastic underneath along the edge.

I wore one for about 2 weeks until the belt started showing defects. In short, they are JUNK. You can buy a kyex lined belt from Looper for $30. And it is a FAR superior product over that Chinese piece of cr@p 5.11.

Vinyl coated plastic belt not for me.

I echo what Blinko said! If you want a vinyl coated plastic belt, this one would fit the bill. The coating wears fairly rapidly, even with plastic clips on my MTAC. For an extra $20 you can get a full leather, double stitched belt from the likes of Kevin @ KD Holsters or another craftsman referenced on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911packer View Post
    I have had one for about six months now. Some of my holsters have metal clips that have caused some wear and tear on the belt, exposing the plastic underneath along the edge.
    My experience as well. MTAC "C" clips shave the thin edge material right off the belt. I've been coloring the edge with a permanent black marker as it peels away.

I also have a reinforced kydex belt from Looper Letaher, but it isn't as stiff as the 5.11 belt. I prefer the extra stiffness of the 5.11 so I use it for my everday belt.

As soon as it gets too ugly to wear, I'm getting a leather gun belt that is actually made out of leather.
    My guess is the "leather" in a 5.11 is the backing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911packer View Post
    As soon as it gets too ugly to wear, I'm getting a leather gun belt that is actually made out of leather.
    My guess is the "leather" in a 5.11 is the backing.
    I'm in the same boat. It has a thin piece of leather on the front and back, but only some thin vinyl or something on the edges.

From four o'clock to twelve o'clock the edges are all white from my Blackhawk Serpa holster.

Belt Quality

From the reports, not as good as my bullhide from beltman.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Quote Originally Posted by tabsr View Post
    From the reports, not as good as my bullhide from beltman.
    Not even close. The Beltman is a LEATHER belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrebleau View Post
    The distributor you were at, do they sell over the net? The 5.11 site has the belts for $34.95
    Yes they do. GT Distributors. Google it. I think they have two locations - One in TX & one in TN - use to be LEO only, but now open to the public. They had a 20% off sell this past Friday. Picked up some clothing also. I need to pick up some shorts for summer next.

The 5.11 belt states leather with stiffner - I don't know outside what they state. So far, so good. I use the V-Clips and all is well so far. But I have used it only for a couple of days now. Will post later if it starts falling apart.

Links