Alessi

Alessi

This is a discussion on Alessi within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Noticed that Lou Alessi does not actively market and has no website. Very little mention of his holsters. Any +/ - comments....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alessi

Alessi

Noticed that Lou Alessi does not actively market and has no website. Very little mention of his holsters. Any +/ - comments.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

He's one of those guys who doesn't need to advertise. I understand he's got a mult-year backlog and no longer takes orders, so why bother spending money on advertising when word of mouth keeps you in more orders than you can handle? I have one of his Bodyguard shoulder holsters, I can see why his backlog is so long. It's a great holster and the snap retention system is ingenious.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

I have an Alessi I purchased off of Ebay nicely molded holster that i like a lot. If you can find them buy them.

Ed
    US Navy Retired Silent Service

The real test of a man is not when he plays the role he wants for himself, but when he plays the role destiny has for him.
    Vaclav Havel

Lou has all the business he can handle and therefore doesn't advertise, but he's still taking orders. I understand he gets a lot of military and government orders, which he gives priority to.

Last I heard he's quoting 30 weeks, with some reports that he's running longer. I placed an order with him in October of last year and he quoted me 24 to 30 weeks. I'm still waiting but I'm not worried. I know his work is top-notch and will be worth the wait.

As for not much mention of his work, I think that if you run a search on this forum you'll find lots of glowing comments and recommendations. Most experienced custom leather users put him at or near the top of their favorites list.

On top of everything else, he's a heck of a nice guy and has always answered my emails quickly and helpfully. I believe that Roadrunner is thinking of Matt Del Fatti, who is no longer taking orders due to a 2 year backlog. Good luck to you!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Holster Delivery

My two Alessi holsters should arrive by Monday, high anxiety. The current in daily use is from Bulman and excellent. I live 80 miles from Del Fatti and did contact him 8 months ago, no joy, (old pilot phrase).

Cheap holsters, not worth my time.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

I am a short way away from getting an APX for my 442. Great guy to deal with.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Craig and Audrey at Lightning Arms Sports stock some of Lou's holsters (as well as Sparks and Del Fatti) and they're great folks to deal with. I called and ordered a Del Fatti mag pouch for my 1911 from Audrey today, always a pleasure speaking with her. Lightning Arms Sports
    Jack

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    I'm at about 22 weeks into my wait for a CQC/S. I think I was quoted 26-30 weeks (would have to check my email to be sure). He's very good about communicating via email.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    I'm at about 22 weeks into my wait for a CQC/S. I think I was quoted 26-30 weeks (would have to check my email to be sure). He's very good about communicating via email.
    GREAT holster. I have one for my G23 and wear it alot.
    Glock 22, NS
    Glock 20, NS
    Ruger MkIII bull-barrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    You can't cure stupid, but you can give it a good whoopin to straighten it's thought pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    Craig and Audrey at Lightning Arms Sports stock some of Lou's holsters (as well as Sparks and Del Fatti) and they're great folks to deal with. I called and ordered a Del Fatti mag pouch for my 1911 from Audrey today, always a pleasure speaking with her. Lightning Arms Sports
    Jack
    Seconded. It's been a couple years since I bought my VM-II but I have nothing but good to say about Lightning Arms. I need to browse around and see what they might have for my 637 now that I have some extra fun money.

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    I place Lou Alessi in the top three of the best holster makers alive today. His work is great and he's a super nice guy. You really can't go wrong with one of his holsters.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

+1+ I've carried Lou's ankle holster for over 30 years as an LEO and used his gunbelt for over 25 and both are like new.

Just great work from a quality firm.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM-STICK Holsters View Post
    I place Lou Alessi in the top three of the best holster makers alive today. His work is great and he's a super nice guy. You really can't go wrong with one of his holsters.
    +1 but IMHO Uncle lou is #1, he's the Man. He has helped me and given me pointers as well, He not only makes holsters he is also willing to help other holster makers as well.
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

I posted a question on another board about favorite strong-side belt holsters, and the Alessi CQC/S seemed to float to the top. I'm about 2 weeks into the 30 week estimate. Fortunately Midway had a Galco Concealable in stock for now. Man it's tough being a lefty.

Administrator
    Lou is still very much "in the game". I've always been taken care of by him and I've got a connection that allows me to get what I want from his shop within a week or two... his stuff is top shelf!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links