Concealing magazine pouches

This is a discussion on Concealing magazine pouches within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have a method (or a maker) of concealable magazine pouches? I'd like to start carrying two extra magazines with me (Springfield XD .40 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealing magazine pouches

Does anyone have a method (or a maker) of concealable magazine pouches? I'd like to start carrying two extra magazines with me (Springfield XD .40 SC). When I open carry it's no issues, magazine holders are plentiful for that, but what do I do when I conceal carry?

AEA
    In Texas you are not required to conceal you mags/ammo/pouches.

I have walked around a few places with Mags and empty holster visible with no problems (example: barber shop). Of course the BUG was concealed in ankle holster!

Well if I'm conceal carrying I plan on being 100% concealed (if possible).

Tucked under my cover garment in a Galco clip-on mag pouch...opposite side of my CCW...

Stay armed...keep it all concealed...stay safe!
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; May 11th, 2008 at 09:20 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Man unless you are realy dressed up, carry the darn mags in a multi-tool pouch. I use two one says Colman and the other just plain black. No one pays any notice to either.

And yes there are several holster makers that carry a line of tuckable mag carriers, just check.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I have my mag in a carrier from Rock my left rear pocket. Of course, it's a single stack.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I went tothe cell phone section of Wal Mart and found a nice looking pouch that holds two of my Glock 23 mags. It has a 1.5 belt loop is bback with some dark grey trim. $3.00 -- cant beat that
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

I just use a double mag carrier on my belt. I also carry the weapon on my belt, so if it's covered, so are the mags. 99% of the out there wouldn't even realize what a magazine is if they saw it.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

I like the idea of finding a phone/ipod/whatever holder that will serve as a mag holder. I also like the idea of Leatherman/Gerber/etc. holders. I use one periodically. But in case you none of these options fit your needs, perhaps one of these links will help:

Accessories and Belts by Mil-Tech and offered by Gunny Sack
    Scroll down and there is a double mag holder. Not sure what it would look like to others, as it's made to be worn on the outside of the belt.

Military Surplus - Concealment
    Several double mag holders here, but most or all are OWB. Item 123, the Safariland Concealment Magazine Holder, Horizontal is a good item for one mag. It has a velcro strap to attach it to the belt so you don't have to thread it on. It's quick on and quick off. I have one and use it periodically. Unfortunately, I found it at another website and got to pay extra for it.

8002-313 - Bianchi® PatrolTek™ Nylon Magazine Holder - All LE/Security Products - Bianchi PatrolTek Nylon - Nylon Duty Gear - Red Diamond Uniform & Police Supply, Inc. - Detail
    This is another double, but again, it's OWB.

Raine Inc. - Ammo Pouches & Cases
    More doubles, still OWB.

Milt Sparks Holsters
    Click on Products, then Accessories. Model IPD is IWB, and only the straps will show. The D-4C looks like it is OWB.

IWB Single Magazine Pouch
    This is a single IWB, tuckable. Again, the belt clip will show. Pricey.

Andrews Custom Leather
    Scroll down to Concealed, Magazine Pouches, and check out the Pancake Mag Pouch. Says it's concealed, but looks like it would take a cover garment.

Gun holsters concealed by SmartCarry concealed holsters
    There's always the SmartCarry. If you want to carry an arsenal, just get the security model with an extra full-length pouch.

I looked for a long time for exactly what you are looking for. I never found what I wanted, so I store one extra mag in my SmartCarry. If I want a second, I can use either the Safariland 123 (looks like a phone holder) or a Leatherman holder. I've got this on order Deep Concealment shoulder holster,With the DeepConcealment you can conceal your gun with a plain shirt,For correct sizing please measure your chest's circumference about 4" below the armpit. which also has two mag holders opposite the holster. If you order this rig, go small. According to their charts, I wear a large, but it was WAY too big. I sent it back and have the medium on the way.

Good luck.

If you have a compact size gun, you can use the Leatherman Supertool carriers I use.

$5.00 a piece, plus s/h if you order directly.

1 model has a belt loop, the other has a belt clip.

Leatherman
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

1943 - 2009
    Is this what you're looking for?

Or this?

There are many more styles available besides these two examples.

Virtually every maker of concealment holsters makes magazine pouches for concealed carry.

Click on "Forum Help & Extras" in the blue navigation bar, then click on "Mega Holster-Makers List". If you can't find something there, it doesn't exist.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I use either the DeSantis Mag Packer or the Milt Sparks leather PCH-M for one single stack mag carried off side front pocket.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

What I'm looking for in particular is an IWB Holster pouch. Preferably non-leather (I know I know, but I fancy kydex).

Quote Originally Posted by VtCO View Post
    What I'm looking for in particular is an IWB Holster pouch. Preferably non-leather (I know I know, but I fancy kydex).
    JS IWB Tuckable Mag Pouch
    This page has two versions, but both are single mag holders. Is this closer to what you are looking for? They make this for Springfield XD 9/40.

Buy Don Hume IWB-STRIKE Double Magazine Pouch Tuckable - Galco, Surefire, Streamlight, Uncle Mikes & Motorola Talkabout - Product Wizard
    Double mag tuckable, but can't tell if it is all kydex. They don't list an XD as one they make this for.

You may have to build one to get exactly what you are looking for.
    Para Cord Secrets - Shaping KYDEX® sheet Tips, Tricks, Hints, Articles and Projects

Quote Originally Posted by AEA View Post
    In Texas you are not required to conceal you mags/ammo/pouches.

I have walked around a few places with Mags and empty holster visible with no problems (example: barber shop). Of course the BUG was concealed in ankle holster!

Seems to me you are either concealed or not. Maybe the TX law makers didn't think it necessary to work through that "detail".

The way I look at it -- BG "knows/senses" one of us has a gun -- makes us target #1. To each their own, but I choose to keep it concealed, including my magazines. Let's say I am down to zero ammo -- no need to let the BG know that.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; May 12th, 2008 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links