Milt Sparks VMII Modification??

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks VMII Modification?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a VMII for an XD45 4" Service and I love it. I have another one on order for a Glock 27. Before I ...

Thread: Milt Sparks VMII Modification??

I have a VMII for an XD45 4" Service and I love it. I have another one on order for a Glock 27. Before I bought my first VMII all my IWB carry was done using a Galco USA with a J-hook. I was worried about how I would like the MS loops that come on the VMII so I ordered the tuckable kydex clips. I have grown very fond of the loops for the XD VMII (I don't plan on using the XD VMII as a tuckable holster due to the size of an XD). I would, however, like to use my VMII for the G27 as a tuckable holster. The Milt Sparks tuckable clips do not fit around my massive Beltman 1.5" gunbelt. I was going to purchase a set of belt clips from Tucker or Comp-tac to use on my VMII. Has anyone tried this? How do the holes on the clips line up with the holes on the VMII? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

More than likely if you order clips from Comp-tac they will have the holster so low in your pants the pistol grip will probably be below your beltline. What size are the clips? They should fit any 1.5" gunbelt if they are 1.5" clips. Try the C-style clips (if someone offers them for the VMII). I didn't think I would like them and they would slip off the belt all the time, but I ordered them with an MTAC and they work fantastic. The reason I say the Comp-Tac clips won't work with the VMII is because Comp-Tac's clips are straight and are not V-shaped. Maybe Tucker has the V or even BladeTech.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    The clips for the VM 2are not meant to grip or go over a belt. They grip the waistband of the pants, and go behind the belt, increasing their concealment. The belt still helps hold them in place and stabilizes the gun.

I've found them to work okay, but prefer the loops (I don't tuck with them). I also was tempted to try the rig without a belt. NOT a good idea (Duh!).

Read info on their use on Milt Sparks site to clarify what I've said (I'd post a link, but all you'd get is their home page due to the function of their website).
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    The clips for the VM 2are not meant to grip or go over a belt. They grip the waistband of the pants, and go behind the belt, increasing their concealment. The belt still helps hold them in place and stabilizes the gun.

I've found them to work okay, but prefer the loops (I don't tuck with them). I also was tempted to try the rig without a belt. NOT a good idea (Duh!).

Read info on their use on Milt Sparks site to clarify what I've said (I'd post a link, but all you'd get is their home page due to the function of their website).
    This might help.

Milt Sparks FAQ

I would bet you could get some tuckable leather loop extentions from Brock over at Bluegrass holster that he uses on his new tuckable conversion holster, that way you would have the tuckable option on your present holster and also have the secure leather loops at the same time.
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
    This might help.

Milt Sparks FAQ
    Actually, they don't mention them in the FAQ .

But I was able to copy/paste this, the third paragraph from the Versa Max 2 description (go to the "Products", then "Inside the waistband" then "Versa Max 2" pages to find this).

Quoting from Milt Sparks Website
    "The optional, dual Kydex clips provide a pocket for your tucked in shirt and are designed to attach directly to the waistband of your trousers. The Kydex clips DO NOT attach onto the belt. A proper gun belt should be utilized over top of the clips, both to support the weight of the weapon and to help conceal the clips from the casual observer".
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Thanks T Bone. The design of the clips still puzzles me a little bit but it makes a lot more sense now that I understand their intended purpose. I might give them another shot before attempting any kind of modification.

In the event that I do continue with the modification...could anyone measure the distance between holes on their C-TAC or M-TAC? I'm also interested in the Tucker clips if anyone could measure the distance between holes on their Tucker clips that would help too. I know the number of people with Tucker holsters is much lower than the number of people with C-TACs and M-TACs. In either case I'd probably go with the Standard Clips.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links