Holsters for the new Kahr PM45 ?

This is a discussion on Holsters for the new Kahr PM45 ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, does anyone know of any holsters made for the Kahr PM45? Ive searched all over the net & nothing. I did order a Comp-Tac ...

Thread: Holsters for the new Kahr PM45 ?

Holsters for the new Kahr PM45 ?

Hi, does anyone know of any holsters made for the Kahr PM45? Ive searched all over the net & nothing. I did order a Comp-Tac C-Tac for the P45 & i fits pretty good except its a 1/2 inch too long of course. Now with kydex that doesnt really matter but it sure does with leather & leather is what i want......please help!

P.S... Any holster makers with an available holster feel free to contact me as well in either IWB or OWB...
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar

Slim 45
    I have a PM45, great pistol by the way.
    I'm also a holster maker and carry mine in either an OWB beltslide holster, a pancake holster, or a pocket holster. I'm currently working on a new tunnel and loop design and IWB style holsters. My belt slide holster rides between the inside of your belt and your trousers. I wear mine just behind my hip. The holster is very low profile. With the weapon removed, the holster is barely noticeable inside your belt. I've attached a photo of my Kahr and the beltslide holster.

Randy
    Attached Images
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by randyc74 View Post
    Slim 45
    I have a PM45, great pistol by the way.
    I'm also a holster maker and carry mine in either an OWB beltslide holster, a pancake holster, or a pocket holster. I'm currently working on a new tunnel and loop design and IWB style holsters. My belt slide holster rides between the inside of your belt and your trousers. I wear mine just behind my hip. The holster is very low profile. With the weapon removed, the holster is barely noticeable inside your belt. I've attached a photo of my Kahr and the beltslide holster.

Randy
    Hi Randy, do you have any pic's of the pancake version?
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Slim,
    I will try to take a photo in the next couple of days.

Randy
    Randy

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Could you add a pic of the pocket holster too? Been thinking about one of these for pocket carry (I presume it's too large for pants pockets, correct?)

TIA
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I'd think every reputable holster craftsman would have been making for the PM45 for at least a year.

Here's one and I'm sure there are many more:
    Holsters by Gun Type - BearClaw Holsters

[QUOTE=lance22;724173]I'd think every reputable holster craftsman would have been making for the PM45 for at least a year.

Lance, If holster makers, don't have a mold for a particular model of pistol, we have to use the actual pistol to design and mold the holster. If the customer is close by, taking the pistol for a day or so is usually not a problem. Getting a customer to ship his pistol to a complete stranger so that this stranger can build him a holster is most often out of the question.
    Companys like Rings Blue guns make plastic molds for several popular pistols.
    If a particular model mold is available, we buy it. If a particuler model mold is not available, were forced to purchase the actual pistol or not be able to fill customer requests for that model holster.
    In the case of the Kahr PM45, there are no plastic pistol molds available. Like me, the few custom makers currently making custom holsters for the Kahr PM45 are using their own pistols for the design and molding. I carry my Kahr off duty and as a backup to my duty weapon as an LEO. I would never be able to justify spending $600.00 for a pistol for the sole purpose of building a few holsters. I hopeing one day, the Kahr PM45 will become popular enough so that the mold manufactors will produce molds for that pistol.

Randy
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    I'd think every reputable holster craftsman would have been making for the PM45 for at least a year.

Here's one and I'm sure there are many more:
    Holsters by Gun Type - BearClaw Holsters
    Thanks that standard OWB belt holster looks cool, ill call tomorrow & ask a few things about it.
    I currently have a C-Tac iwb that is for a P45 instead. Seems to fit nice just a 1/2 too long, iam debating whether or not to cut that 1/2 inch out of it or not, along with the extra holes on the adj. clips iam not using now that i have it where i want it....
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Hey guys,
    Attached are several of the holsters I've built around the Kahr PM45 along with a couple of S&W J-Frame pocket holster. The pancake holster also serves as a cross draw driving holster. I build this holster with the third loop if requested.

T-Bone
    I carry my PM45 in the pocket holster shown in the photo. I carry it in my relaxed fit Levi's front pocket as well as in the front pocket of my pleated Dockers. I get a little bit of grip print in the Levi's. To lesson printing, all of my pocket holsters are only molded on the side of the holster facing in, unless the customer requests the holster molded on both sides. The side of the holster facing out is left flat to help the holster appear as a wallet.
    Randy
    Attached Images
    Randy

Hi Randy, Iam interested in your pancake style holster RH in black w/2 slots for a 1 1/2 belt. What is the degree of cant? Can i get it without the thumb-break though? In just an open-top style & how long of a wait?.....thanks
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Hi Slim

The holster shown in the photo was made out of 6/7 oz. cowhide. A thumb break is necessary with that weight of leather. I would be using 8/9 oz. cowhide to build a pancake holster without the retention strap. The holster will retain the pistol quite securely. The standard cant would be 15 Degrees and includes sweat shield.
    4-6 week delivery. Payment not required until I'm ready to ship. My guarantee is real basic.
    If you don't like it, I will build you another holster or refund your money. Your choice.
    Price $55.00 including shipping

Randy
    Randy

Thanks Randy PM sent
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Links