Liger belt... the wait continues (need advice)

This is a discussion on Liger belt... the wait continues (need advice) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Come June 7-8, I'll be taking a handgun skills class. Cool, finally get official training beyond that required for the CCW. What's not cool: Maxpedition ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Come June 7-8, I'll be taking a handgun skills class. Cool, finally get official training beyond that required for the CCW.

What's not cool: Maxpedition telling me 6-8 weeks, and 6-8 weeks later saying another 6-8 weeks.

I'm kinda feeling a little crunched for time, now. Can anyone recommend a gun belt that I could reasonably expect to get by June 3rd at the latest? I'd really, really like to get a better feel for this holster but if the belt can't hold the darn thing still I'm sensing I'll be in a little trouble.

Any advice would be welcome.

-B

It took me about 2.5 weeks to get my belt from The Beltman. Very nice belt!

Gun Belts by The Belt Man
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Wilderness belts are great and you can get one right away. I can't imagine why it would take so long to get a Liger, when I ordered mine it shipped inside of a week! What size belt do you need, if it's a 34 I'll sell you my Liger, it didn't work for me.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Have you tried Knifeworks? I got my Liger belts from them and it took less than a week.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

+1 on knifeworks.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    I'm kinda feeling a little crunched for time, now. Can anyone recommend a gun belt that I could reasonably expect to get by June 3rd at the latest?
    Try Beltman. Better yet, phone them and ask if they have one in stock.

I needed one in a hurry recently too and lucked out when:

mitch rosen gunleather

...had one in stock my size.

Also, you see a lot of belts for sale on the larger gun boards. If you don't mind telling us what size you're looking for, maybe we've seen one for sale.

If you need a sturdy belt quick - try a 5.11 leather belt. I have one - so far so good. I have heard from others if you clip on your holster, the 5.11 will show wear. But as far as being sturdy - you can't beat it. Longevity may be another issue - but at least it will get you thru your June 3rd issue - and it won't break the bank.

I just ordered a belt last night from the Beltman. They have the best customer service! I had a shopping cart hiccup that I didn't realize and it didn't record my belt size. This morning I received an email from Jim Speidel asking for my belt size. I called and Jim picked up the phone. I had some questions and he gave me good recommendations to help me with my order. The best part is he said "If it doesn't fit, send it back to me and I'll fix it. I want my customers to be happy." THAT'S HUGE in my book. Give The Beltman a call. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the customer service.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    +1 on Wilderness Instructor. I got the CSM insert. I use it for IDPA, will use it in the future for classes and such. It's not too expensive and should be off-the-rack fast. (I have a Beltman as my main gun belt, and it is great, but I think the Wilderness is the best chance of meeting your time constraint.)
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Assuming I measured correctly (tailor's measuring tape, through belt loops with holster+gun), I'm at 34" without holster and gun, and a shade over 35" with holster and gun.

I asked the distributor if it was possible to get a different color shipped, and do an exchange later when the black-silver comes back in, and if not to cancel the order. Since it just occurred to me that I probably wouldn't be able to exchange the belt after the early June course, I'm going to assume it's safe to start browsing Beltman's site. Right now, looking hard at the black horse hide belt in 34", but I'll give the guy I initially ordered from a day to get back to me before making any decisions.

-B

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    My opinion, cancel the Liger order...I hated mine.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

VIP Member
    I use my Liger for my home clothes and my K&D gunbelt for dress. I used the Liger for my only belt for about year. I like it, but love leather. I got mine from Knifeworks.com in less than a week. That included the email exchange when the buckle I wanted wasn't available.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Since several of y'all mentioned them, I went ahead and checked out Knifeworks and found they had the belt in stock so I placed an order. Thanks for the recommendations guys; I'll still probably end up with a Beltman belt, but for right now the Liger looks more versatile for what it would be going through as a daily-wear belt.

-B

Glad you worked it out. I've got a brown and a black Liger and love them. I've always preferred leather for holsters, but for a belt the Liger is so functional that I continue to recommend it for carry.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Go to a tac shop, if you have such a thing, and get a belt made from bridle leather. Online equine supply (like this: Horse Belts -custom Leather harness belts with brass nameplate.) can usually get a belt to you fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links