IWB for s&w snub

IWB for s&w snub

This is a discussion on IWB for s&w snub within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm trying to find an IWB for my s&w 642. I would prefer it was leather or nylon with either an adjustable or high degree ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IWB for s&w snub

I'm trying to find an IWB for my s&w 642. I would prefer it was leather or nylon with either an adjustable or high degree of cant for carry in the range of 3:00 - 5:30 and easy to draw from while seated in a car. I've been looking for some time and can't find anything suitable. I really appreciate any help!
    mavis

If you're wanting a high degree of cant, and don't want to wait for a custom job, check out Mitch Rosen and his "Express Line" ARG.

I have one for my 1911, don't know if he makes one for the 642, but if he does I would consider it strongly. Last time I ordered something he was running about three weeks with his "Express Line" orders.

Biker

I've got the FIST #19. It's like the #20

FIST, INC.

but with a narrower width along the beltline.

I added a tension screw for $10 and got the "kit" with snaps for quick removal and a few other features for an extra $6.

Any special "cant" you order is is only $8 per holster more.

It's highly adjustable for cant an height and can be used I.W.B. or O.W.B. (between belt and pants - as shown).

Nice leather, choice of colors, a lot of options etc.

Check FIST out, if you haven't already.

MARV

Check out the Mc Daniel II by Andrews Leather and also the IWB's by Concealco.

Quote Originally Posted by mavis311 View Post
    I'm trying to find an IWB for my s&w 642. I would prefer it was leather or nylon with either an adjustable or high degree of cant for carry in the range of 3:00 - 5:30 and easy to draw from while seated in a car. I've been looking for some time and can't find anything suitable. I really appreciate any help!

I'm in the same boat as you are right now. So far I've narrowed
    it down to the K&D Cochise Defender. K&D Holsters |
    Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories

These are all really great options. Thanks guys!
    I've found a couple that I think may work for me. Inevitably, I find something I'm not happy with on each of the holsters I've found. I would love to have a custom model, but cost is a factor.

Mostly for my own edification, here is how I feel about the ones I've liked and how much it would cost me (the cost is, unfortunately, a matter that weighs heavily into my decision):

I'd looked at the McDaniel model previously; I think I would prefer their McDaniel crossdraw with the two loop locations. I can get another belt loop($5) in another color, so I'd be pretty happy with it at $80.

I feel the same about the Fist #19 at $89.85 for the holster, custom cant, and two snap/velcro kits. I would consider the closed bottom design($10), and Alt. Tension Screw($10), for a total of $109.85.

Sideguard holsters has a Quick Change model that would suffice, with an additional belt loop, only $50.

The Rosen ARG-EXP is a good option, but a bit more pricey($90) than the McDaniel, and they don't mention the possibility of changing the belt loop...

I was sent a PM in regards to High Noon's product line, so I checked those out. I was pleased to see they had some very affordable clip style models. The tuckable, 15 degree cant Split Decision would only cost me $35. I'll have to get out the protractor and see if 15 degrees is enough to satisfy me...

Of course, all this holster madness is completely subjective.

So now I'm faced with the unpleasant situation of choosing the best average between quality, desired features, and price. I hate those decisions.
    Last edited by mavis311; May 14th, 2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: I hate typos
    mavis

The Rosen ARG-EXP is a good option, but a bit more pricey($90) than the McDaniel, and they don't mention the possibility of changing the belt loop...
    Little known secret: I can change the Belt Loops on my ARG Express. The Belt Loop is held in place by chicago screws. In fact I discovered this the other night when I had to tighten mine prior to using it.

If the ARG is what you want call Mitch and order two sets of Belt Loops for your ARG. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Little known secret: I can change the Belt Loops on my ARG Express. The Belt Loop is held in place by chicago screws. In fact I discovered this the other night when I had to tighten mine prior to using it.
    Well, that an unexpected is +1 for the ARG. I was going to write them an email to find out... thanks for saving me the time! You could help me even more and let me know the texture of the outer surface. It looks rather smooth in the sample image and there's not another one I can find.
    mavis

Quote Originally Posted by mavis311 View Post
    Well, that an unexpected is +1 for the ARG. I was going to write them an email to find out... thanks for saving me the time! You could help me even more and let me know the texture of the outer surface. It looks rather smooth in the sample image and there's not another one I can find.
    I've got a couple of ARG Express holsters and the natural color part of the holster has a bit of texture but is surprisingly smooth, probably due to the boning/molding process. The one I've been using for a couple of years is just about completely smooth now, compared to my new unused backup which still has a noticeable texture. I found this holster to be completely comfortable from day one and I'm sure you'll love it.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by porsche4786 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you are right now. So far I've narrowed
    it down to the K&D Cochise Defender. K&D Holsters |
    Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories

+1 for the K&D Defender I have mine for almost one year.

Bianchi Professional

I like the Bianchi Professional 100 IWB. It does not adjust for angle but where I have it just above my right pocket I don't need to and does not mess with the seat belt in the car. It was $44.95 delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    +1 for the K&D Defender I have mine for almost one year.
    not to thread jack but...
    i'm considering either the K&D like I said before, or now that I saw the AKJ concealco....not sure which for my 642
    AKJ Concealco LLC: IWB Holsters

I have a Concealco IWB for my Ruger SP101 and it a great holster.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    I have a Concealco IWB for my Ruger SP101 and it a great holster.
    +1 on Concealco IWB. If you order one of their "The "ReadyLine" IWBA (Inside the Waistband, Ambidextrous)", you should recieve it in a couple of weeks, sometimes less. Great holster! Fully Adjustable. Also, in my case I removed the front strap. This way, it will perform like the Mitch Rosen ARG. Hope this helps!

AKJ Concealco IWB for my S&W 442. (with front strap removed)
    Last edited by TwinCarry; May 16th, 2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Correction
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCarry View Post
    +1 on Concealco IWB. If you order one of their "The "ReadyLine" IWBA (Inside the Waistband, Ambidextrous)", you should recieve it in a couple of weeks, sometimes less. Great holster! Fully Adjustable. Also, in my case I removed the front strap. This way, it will perform like the Mitch Rosen ARG. Hope this helps!

AKJ Concealco IWB for my S&W 442. (with front strap removed)

I guess I didn't realize it before...the AKJ is actually adjustable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links