Worked in the High Noon today...

This is a discussion on Worked in the High Noon today... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got my new Closing Argument tuckable IWB holster and belt yesterday for my beloved Custom CDP II, and let it sit overnight in a 4 ...

Got my new Closing Argument tuckable IWB holster and belt yesterday for my beloved Custom CDP II, and let it sit overnight in a 4 mil freezer bag to size the holster. This morning first thing, I put on the whole rig, and tucked in. I work in a clinic, so my uniform is a loose scrub top and khaki pants. Anyhow, just planned on wearing it around the house before work, but the wife never noticed it... hmm.... She did notice the belt, and asked if I got a new belt. I said yes, asked if she liked it, and she said, yes, very nice! Still didn't notice the gun and holster. Hmm. So, time to go to work, so just left it on, and went on in. Worked with a staff of 7 people (women), and probably saw at least 30 people before leaving work at noon. All were within 5 feet of me each time. Stood, squatted, moved from all angles, you get the idea. Nobody saw it, or at least nobody said anything-and I really don't think they saw it at all!

When leaving work, finally revealed to ONE of the ladies that I was carrying, and she said "It's REALLY discreet, because I worked with you all day and never noticed!"

So, on a scale of 1 to 10, concealment was a 10 today.
    Ease of on/off was a 10, single clip setup makes it FAST.
    Comfort was a 7.5 to 8, as the muzzle end wiggles a bit and sat low enough to be touching skin on the hip area. Kinda chafes a fella if it's given time to move around a lot! Ideas on fixing this are welcome, by the way.
    Quality of construction would have to be a 10 for me.
    Overall, VERY pleased with my buy, would do it again in a minute!

Now able to carry at work and not sacrifice the size of the weapon for the sake of concealment!

photo?
    It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Slabsides45 View Post

When leaving work, finally revealed to ONE of the ladies that I was carrying, and she said "It's REALLY discreet, because I worked with you all day and never noticed!"
    I'm curious as to why you 'revealed to ONE of the ladies' that you were carrying (and on the first day)?
    IMO, if no one needs to know.............or
    Loose lips sink ships.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Reasonable question to ask, since this is also my usual policy. Well, the entire group knows that I have several weapons, and all know that there is always a weapon nearby. None to that point knew about the concealed carry holster. The reason this one person was told was that she's a gun rights, survivalist, outdoors type, even sets rabbit snares and that type thing (which I need to learn for myself...), and I wanted to confirm for myself that those working closest to me, who see my attire day in, day out, didn't 'make' my concealed weapon-or whether they saw it all day, and just said nothing. She knew the score about not saying anything, and readily agreed to remain mum. So the short answer is, because my curiosity overwhelmed my will to be completely covert.

Frankly, I haven't had any of the staff complain about my firearms, and since I'm their boss, doubt that the company will be passing any gun ban policies in the foreseeable future. To quote Mel Brooks, "It's GOOD to be 'da King!"

Links