Men's clothing

This is a discussion on Men's clothing within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi- I'm a newbie to this group, but have just (last year) renewed my CCP for the second time. I use a carry concealed purse, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Men's clothing

Men's clothing

Hi-
    I'm a newbie to this group, but have just (last year) renewed my CCP for the second time.

I use a carry concealed purse, but my husband, even tho he has his permit for same length of time, does not carry on a regular basis. I am looking for a stylish vest or jacket to buy him, whereas he can carry his gun without it being too obvious. He isn't a 'western' style personality, and some of the vests I have been viewing online just aren't his style either (he is more of the preppy or jock or biker type of style)

I appreciate any and all comments.
    Regards
    Kath

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the forum! I'm a jeans and t-shirt guy myself. A button up shirt is dress up for me. Preppy to me means a golf shirt or sweater, biker means a leather vest or jean shirt with sleeves. I'd say things depend on what your husband carries mainly. Me? I'd never have anything in a vest or coat pocket to swing about when I move, and that also means a holster for the pocket instead of just putting the pistol in there to align itself however it sees fit. Alot of times there might be need to take off the outerwear such as in a restaurant or sometime when things get a bit too warm. Some swear by photographer's vests or the like and some tactical clothing has come to market in recent times besides that. I'm sure you'll get some better suggestions. I conceal a G19 or G27 IWB (inside waist band) daily in jeans and t-shirt, tucked or un-tucked. I swear I'll be doing the same with my full size SIG by this time next year. Where there's a will, there's a way. My 2¢

VIP Member
    While I do not have one yet Concealed Carry Clothiers has some very nice vests that may suit your husband.

Concealed Carry Clothiers - Providing quality Vests for Travel and Concealed Carry, Accessories, Concealment Clothes, Gun Belts, Vest

Here are some that are pricey, but don't give you away like so many of those goofy looking photographer vests. Everything they have is top quality also.
    Coronado Leather, makers of handcrafted, concealment leatherwear for law enforcement and those interested in high quality leather jackets, handbags and carrycases for firearm concealment
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret

Down here in the big sun country, just an open print shirt (over a T-shirt) does the job.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

welcome from s.e. michigan. i also carry iwb most of the time.
    jeans,t-shirt and unbuttoned shirt works for me. good luck
    in your search.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Welcome. Maybe the best thing to do is have him revaluate what handgun he carries (you didn't mention it) and in what type of holster. For starters, a quality custom holster can work wonders for concealability, confidence and comfort. I could not and would not wear a vest (just not my style) but I have found some of the offerings from Beretta,
    like the "Tuscany vest", are pretty nice.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Coronado Leather is good

I would second AZhusker's suggestion of considering Coronado Leather. I have some of their products and the quality is excellent.

Here is a leather vest for $179 that has two internal concealed carry pockets for a small gun, and is cut long enough to cover an inside the waistband belt holster in the back.

Coronado Leather website CCW vest

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katseye View Post
    Hi-
    I'm a newbie to this group, but have just (last year) renewed my CCP for the second time.

I use a carry concealed purse, but my husband, even tho he has his permit for same length of time, does not carry on a regular basis. I am looking for a stylish vest or jacket to buy him, whereas he can carry his gun without it being too obvious. He isn't a 'western' style personality, and some of the vests I have been viewing online just aren't his style either (he is more of the preppy or jock or biker type of style)

I appreciate any and all comments.
    Regards
    Kath
    Hi Kath,
    I am not a "western" person either. I seldom wear jeans and prefer something like Dockers or slacks. My daily wear is with a shirt that is designed to be worn outside the pants. I find it easy to conceal a gun wearing an OWB holster.

It might be helpful, as has been suggested, to know what gun he carries. It is much easier to conceal a Kahr P9 than a 5 inch 1911 or other large gun.

Regards,
    Jerry

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Was also going to suggest Coronado leather (biker styled vest). I see two beat me to it.

For cooler weather if he's wearing a leather bike jacket, pocket carry (in a pocket holster) is a decent option. Pocket carry in jeans/trousers (in a pocket holster) is also a year 'round option, depending on the weapon.

IMHO, the best option to carry a serious handgun is a good IWB such as the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. I carry a full size 1911 that way most of the time, and can dress in any of the modes described.

But if he's not carrying a lot now, I'll bet the reasoning is it's "inconvenient". If thats the case, some type of carry garment, pocket or even off body carry (planners, brief cases, Maxpedition bags) is more likely to appeal to him.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I've looked at Coronado Leather as well as a number of members above. They seem to have some very high quality leather jackets.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

1943 - 2009
    I wear this blue denim vest from SportsmansGuide.

It's the perfect Montana style. It won't raise any eyebrows in Billings.

And welcome to the forum.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I have a couple of 511 tactical vests that I like a lot. There's not much they won't conceal, although they are a little heavy duty if he's only trying to conceal a small, light handgun.

My wife found a couple of regular purses she likes and carries a government model 380 in hers when she carries off-body. She doesn't like many of the factory concealed carry purses and refuses to pay for the few she thought were reasonably attractive. She also fanny-packs and has been known to carry with a shoulder holster.

Here's another alternative:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...pressions.html

He might also consider a pocket gun in a good pocket holster.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

I have two Shabak vests that wear extremely well on me...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links