Comp-Tac Two O'Clock Holster

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac Two O'Clock Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just tried the new Comp-Tac Two O'Clock with my Ruger SP101 with a 2-1/4" barrel. Designed to ride at the Two O'Clock IWB position it ...

Thread: Comp-Tac Two O'Clock Holster

Comp-Tac Two O'Clock Holster

Just tried the new Comp-Tac Two O'Clock with my Ruger SP101 with a 2-1/4" barrel. Designed to ride at the Two O'Clock IWB position it provides a solid, stable, and easily accessible concealed carry combination. If you like the Two O'Clock position (and I really do) this is a fine way to carry concealed.

Comp-Tac warns that this is not a way to carry a large gun and I agree. However, it works well with my Ruger SP101.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

2. Remove Ads

i use the two o'clock holster to carry a kahr pm9 at about 10 o'clock (i'm a lefty). it takes some adjusting to get comfortable, but once you do, it just disappears under almost anything.

appendix carry is NOT for everyone ... those who are evaluating this kind of carry should try it WITH AN UNLOADED WEAPON before taking the plunge.

Use one for Kahr MK9

I also use a Comp-Tac 2 o'clock holster, for a Kahr MK9. It works perfectly, conceals very well, and is a very fast position to draw from. I like the fact that it can be put on or removed without undoing my belt, just like a paddle holster. The single belt clip on the holster just slides right over the belt and snaps onto it. This holster is also tuckable, if you wish to wear your shirt tucked in.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I bought one for my PM9 also. So far I've only used it on a several day long road trip. It took me some adjusting to get it comfortable too. It worked really good for driving. Easily accessible sitting in the car. Conceals good when I get out to gas up etc.

Got my Comp-Tac 2 o'clock holster today. I like to carry my Glock 27 in that position using the "MTAC" holster, but the MTAC is a bit hard to make it fit at 2 o'clock. Sadly, the 2 o'clock holster is going back. The gun sits much too high and prints very clearly though my t-shirt. The clip is not adjustable to drop it lower (like the MTAC). Otherwise it looks like a good holster.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Does this work well in other positions? Say if I wanted to move it more to the side a little more?

I have a MK9 and have an appendix-like holster that also seems to work OK in other positions around the body (more like 4:00). Will this do the same?

For me, it works well in the back (4 o'clock and up). In the front, my belly is just pushing the gun out to much, and the holster isn't tugging it in tightly enough to compensate.

FWIW: I was wearing a poloshirt. But i don't think a looser "Hawaii shirt" would make enough of a difference.

another edit/add on: For 4 o'clock and back, one problem may be that this holster is straight down. I don't usually carry in the back, but if then I like to have more of a cant.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

AIWB is much more successful with longer/standard length barrels. The baby Glocks are a bit too stubby. That's been my experience.

I was interested in AIWB carry for a Kel-tec PF-9 a while ago. I could not decide between the 2 o'clock or the Fist #K4.

It looks like the Fist might be made of thinner Kydex, but not quite as durable(?). It looks like the Fist allows more room for tucking a shirt. I'd prefer the J-hook, which I guess you can get on the 2 o'clock as well.

Can anyone make a comparison between the two holsters?

Links