Custom Elephant/Alligator from UBG

This is a discussion on Custom Elephant/Alligator from UBG within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just wanted to give a plug for Nate Gable of UBG and his incredible worksmanship and customer service. After a lot of back and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just wanted to give a plug for Nate Gable of UBG and his incredible worksmanship and customer service.

After a lot of back and forth about what to get, I ordered a holster for me and one for my wife.

My wife wanted one to look "girly" like her purses, so I shipped Nate an almost brand new purse which he cut up and applied to the leather on the holster. On top of this, he also arranged to borrow a S&W 686 Plus because he didn't have a mold. Unfortunately, because of copyright/trademark issues that may exist with the purse company, I don't think it would be a good idea to post pictures.

For myself, Nate found some elephant hide and trimmed it with a band of hornback that he had. I will let the pictures (excuse my mediocre photo skills) do the talking.

The greatest part was that Nate was able to deliver the holsters more than a month EARLIER than originally expected. I can't say enough about Nate's quality and service; if you need a holster, give him a try, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by wagglebee; May 19th, 2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Make pictures bigger

Very nice. I will have to look into that.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Nice lookin' elegator!
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Very Nice! That combination makes for a beautiful holster,thanks for sharing.

mighty fine work there.... I can imagine what the wife's looks like!

My wife's turned out awesome! Nate even used some of the trim that was part of the purse to trim the holster.

Neat idea with the purse!

That's a very nice looking rig!
    Congrats on some fine looking leather.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Once you factor in the cost of the basically new purse that got cut up it actually cost more than the elephant/gator holster.

Quote Originally Posted by wagglebee View Post
    My wife's turned out awesome! Nate even used some of the trim that was part of the purse to trim the holster.
    I think that once you own the purse, it is yours to do what you want with it. I wouldn't worry about copywrite stuff..that's only if you attempt to recreate something with their logos and whatnot in counterfeit or duplication. I'd be interested to see it if you will email it to me. jaymzo5@gmail.com

Good message to send to the wife. Beats flowers for originality. I applaud your effort. Lots of brownie points!
    Facts are negotiable, perceptions are not.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzo View Post
    I think that once you own the purse, it is yours to do what you want with it. I wouldn't worry about copywrite stuff..that's only if you attempt to recreate something with their logos and whatnot in counterfeit or duplication. I'd be interested to see it if you will email it to me. jaymzo5@gmail.com
    I am fairly certain you cross that line when you try to make money off of something. If it is for personal use you have a ton of latitude.
    Facts are negotiable, perceptions are not.

Quote Originally Posted by realitycramp View Post
    I am fairly certain you cross that line when you try to make money off of something. If it is for personal use you have a ton of latitude.
    The problem is that there's a good chance that the purse company is run by a bunch of leftist gun-grabbers. It probably is legal, but I don't feel like dealing with it and I certainly don't want to put Nate through it.

Plus, she's very happy to be the only person in the world to have a ____ holster.

As I just posted, I don't want to put Nate in the position where he has to deal with the nonsense that a big company could put him through. It just wouldn't be right.

Nate (jarhead79) does have pictures of the holster, if he wants to share them (or even post them on his website) I have no problem with it. I just think it should be his call.

Very nice!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links