How/what do the skinny guys carry? - Page 2

How/what do the skinny guys carry?

This is a discussion on How/what do the skinny guys carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 5'11" 170# M&P45 Serpa at 3-4 mag at about 9 Columbia PFG shirt The Columbia shirts are cut for comfort (loose) and seem to work ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How/what do the skinny guys carry?

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    5'11" 170# M&P45 Serpa at 3-4 mag at about 9 Columbia PFG shirt

The Columbia shirts are cut for comfort (loose) and seem to work well.
    My mother (82yrs old) can "see" it, but she knows I carry. Carried in the store all day Sunday, and no one had a clue.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

6'1" 155lbs. Carry a HK P2000sk in a versamx II @ 3:30.

Senior Moderator
    Well... Am I still skinny? I'm not sure. I think so?

I'm 5'3", and at my last doctor's appointment (the 12th) I weighed in at 106 lbs, but my waist is just a little (understatement) larger than it used to be (can't wear any of my old pants or lay on my tummy any more). Of course it would probably help if I wasn't totting a 4" long child down there who is doing nothing but growing, growing, growing.

I still carry a 1911 (either my Wilson Combat Professional (a 4" commander) or my Kimber Ultra CDP (3" Defender)). It's been a challenge as I can no longer carry IWB which was the most concealable but OWB still conceals nicely, especially under maternity clothes, but I DOUBT you want to change your wardrobe to include maternity shirts.

I've found that either of my 1911s still conceal pretty well behind the hip at the 4-5 position in a good leather holster, but as it's getting more uncomfortable to wear belts I stick with my shoulder holster a lot which provides come pretty good comfort and concealment.

I have an M&P 9c that is nice and light but a little too thick so it prints much more but it's lighter so it's nicer to carry in some respects.

My favorite on my really bad days have been my S&W 360PD. Pocket carry is great.

I can't even remember 130 lbs, and I didnt carry back then either. However, if I did it would be just as I do now ... Strong side OWB ... Always!
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Sig 239 .40 in a Comp-tac Two O'clock. Conceals pretty well untucked, especially if you clip a cellphone to your belt. It's tuckable but doesn't conceal too well tucked if you're thin. I'm 5'8", 160.

if ya carry a bag of doritos with you on a regular basis you won't be asking questions like that lol
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I am 5' 11" and weigh approx. 165 lbs. I am still waiting on my primary carry holsters...crossbreed supertuck IWB's for my SW1911 and M&P 9c so I can't give you any info on how those work for me YET, but I just got my SpecGear Truss system in the mail today and have been wearing it around the house with the M&P 9c.

The TRUSS system is basically a torso band which I happen to have in the crossdraw model. Holds gun...three mags...cuffs...flashlight...and a knife. Not the quickest draw unless you are wearing a button up and practice with it however it conceals completely under a button up shirt (preferably with snaps) or a sweatshirt of something of the like. Its great for a backup and carrying a small arsenal of ammo and other gadgets.

I highly recommend it. Not too expensive either.

I will post again once my crossbreed arrives and let you know how that works out.

Matt
    Last edited by matt8185; May 20th, 2008 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Additional Information

5-10 150#

G30 IWB at 4:00
    1911 OWB at 3:00
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Unhappy

Unfortunately I wouldn't know...
    Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

I don't wanna pirate this thread but I am 5'6 1/2 and weigh in at a whole whopping 118. I don't know what holster would be better for a scrawny guy like me.

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyAlaskanZJ View Post
    I don't wanna pirate this thread but I am 5'6 1/2 and weigh in at a whole whopping 118. I don't know what holster would be better for a scrawny guy like me.
    better than what?

I'm not as "skinny" as you, but I am a smaller height challenged male of the species that tends to favor carrying a full size weapon.

I like IWB of good quality and oftentimes, depending on the gun, a fair bit of rake on my Holsters. I can effectively conceal a 5" 1911 in my ARG Holster by Mitch Rosen under a short sleeved button down Camp Shirt.

The "trick" is using a good Holster and Belt. When yopu order a Holster, order a Belt too as it will save you a lot of trouble in the long run.

Right now, depending on the gun, I'm using Holsters by Matt Del Fatti, Mitch Rosen or Milt Sparks. To those names I can recommend Ted Blocker, Low Allessi, Ken Null and Greg Kramer. They all make "first class" gear that is worth every penny you spend.

Take care and good luck.

Biker

B52
    I am 5"8" and 160lbs. I usually carry my Glock30 at 4:30 postion IWB or S&W Bodyguard in my front pants pocket or 1911 Champion IWB at 3:00 position and last option is my Ruger sp101 IWB at 2:00 position. I guess it just depends on my mood or clothing for that day.

5'10" / 165

Kahr K9 at 3:30ish in a crossbreed supertuck.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    roughly 6-0 and 200.lbs here , neither thin nor " fat " . I normally carry a Kahr p9 , a Kahr pm9 or both for comfort and weight factors . I can and have carried about anything up to a 4" L frame smith concealed , but as i get older , and considering i am no longer LE as well as my current profession ( rancher/farmer ) i have went to smaller , lighter guns . I still wont carry ( as a primary )anything that i couldnt do a full duty gun qualification with , but do not insist on the pin point accuracy that i did back when i was LE , rather ill trade down a bit for the comfort and weight reduction that can be found nowadays .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links