How/what do the skinny guys carry? - Page 3

How/what do the skinny guys carry?

This is a discussion on How/what do the skinny guys carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 6'7", 195 pounds. Glock 23 in a MTAC holster, under a plain t-shirt....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How/what do the skinny guys carry?

6'7", 195 pounds. Glock 23 in a MTAC holster, under a plain t-shirt.
    Last edited by Rifter; May 20th, 2008 at 04:52 PM. Reason: fixed typo

VIP Member
    Well I WAS 6' , 190lbs a few months ago, but I''ve lost 20 lbs, so I'd say 170 lbs is gettn pretty skinny.
    I found I like IWB the most comfy. I carry an XD40SC which is pretty heavy and thick. I get the best support and all around comfort IWB in a Dakota Defender. I find IWB is even more comfortable since I lost the weight than OWB is. I've got a good gun belt, but I can feel the weight of the gun alot more with OWB.

5' 11" 150#

Glock 26 in an MTac 3:30-4:00 works good for me. T-Shirts etc.

I carry a G30 same way when it's cooler and I can add another shirt or jacket.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    5'10" and 180#s (hears the bell "ding"). BUTTTTT when I first pinned on a badge I was 5'10" and 130#s.....so I understand the skinny guy carry (ok that was back when I could wear Wrangler 26X36 slim fit 13MWZs. Here are a few things I used that worked when my (then) sheriff required 24 hour carry of our issued S&W 4506 (a BIG box of cereal).

1. A good t-shirt holster. I use to advertise the UC Comfort but since they arnt responding to emails and supplies are not being delievered I cant anymore. There are others out there like "abetterholster.com" that make a rig that will work with most weapons. This would be my first recomendation.

2. If your environment allows, look at a thin semi-auto (like a Kahr or 1911) and a ARG holster (stands for Ayood Rear Guard) use to be made by Mitch Rosen mitch rosen gunleather but Galco makes it and calls it the NSAII. This type of holster makes the body thinner yet still allows for the holster to stay open. A good double magazine pouch like the one from Rosen or RafterS keep the thin magazines hidden under a t-shirt one size larger (or a untucked jersey from your favorite baseball team).

One last thing is a belly band that is well constructed. The best I have found is one designed by a federal agent who carries concealed daily under conditions that concealment is a MUST and cannot be broken. Check it out at SpecGear Home TRUSS Holster the Tactical Belly Band Undercover Weapon System for Law Enforcement and Police where you can see videos of its work.

Finally you can use a fanny pack but again, in most parts of the world it screams gun. An example I will tell you about happened yesterday. I will post a thread on it under "Screaming Gun" in this forum.

Good luck.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

5'4" & 135 lbs. I carry a G27 in either a K&D Dakota Defender or a High Noon Bare Asset. from 3-6 o'clock pos.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLFF View Post
    I kinda wanted to up myself to a more "GQ'd" look anyway, so I guess alot of button up short-sleeves are in my future :)
    I doubt an off the shelf holster will work, I am in the 130 to 140 pound range depending on the season. I carry an XD .45 in a K&D Maverick holster. The nice thing about the Maverick is that it has a locking adjustable cant so you can set the cant anyway you want it and it will stay there. Which in turn helps with concealment as you can set up your holster in the exact position that conceals best and is the most comfortable. The K&D's Defender is a bit thinner and better looking IMO, so I have a couple of those on order as well. Kevin's superior craftsmanship assures you can wear his holster with any attire from tux to jean without making a fashion faux pax if that thing matters to you.
    A decently made suit makes concealment easy, avoid European cut suits they are harder to tailor to conceal a gun. Me, I wear most anything as long as the T-shirts are black, the jeans are 501 and Martin made the shoes. Currently I am wearing a loose T and jeans, with no printing at all. For a change this last weekend I did the tourist thing. The XD in my Maverick was perfectly concealed wearing shorts and a tank top at Long Beach (a WA tourist town) surrounded by and blending in with the yuppie scum bags, half of whom were doing the weekend warrior thing on their low milage motorcycles wearing new biker boutique leathers, with proper "aged" look. Anyway, IMO as long as you have a good quality handmade holster & belt and do not wear tight clothing you should be OK in most instances. In the cases that you need to wear cloths that do not conceal well, consider a smaller gun, maybe your BUG. I am loving my wife's .380 Bersa for that reason and may need to get on of my own.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

In a place you've only dreamed of where your soul is always free...
    5'10", 160lbs. XD40sc over my appendix in a cheap Uncle Mikes IWB holster. For $15 it works like a dream. I did add an extension piece so that when I have to leave the gun in my truck for awhile I don't end up with frostbite or a burn from the exposed grip. Conceals well under most shirts.
    Law without force is impotent.
    Blaise Pascal

5'11" 160, XD45 cheap inside waist Uncle Mikes has worked better for me.

LOL.......5'6"/145 lbs here. I mostly carry my G21, OWB, in a Glock sport/combat or a Don Hume H721OT (the DH is my favorite, particularly because of the cant angle). I carry my G17 in a Glock sport/combat holster when concealment is important (I can make that thing disappear if I need to), or in an Aker shoulder rig, a Fobus paddle, or a Dillion Precision holster (the Dillion has a straight draw, and I hate it). I always carry one spare mag in a Glock mag carrier.
    Next on my list is another DH H721OT for my G17.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

6'1" and 180-190lbs. G19 pictured here. My G27 fits the same holster. Summer carry mode.

Skinny is good for carry, if your shoulders are wider than your hips, it makes it real easy to conceal with any untucked shirt.
    I'm 6'-3" and 185lbs, my primary is a 3" Kimber Ultra Carry CDP in either a Maxcon V or a Crossbreed SuperTuck. Tuckable is a whole lot easier for a thin guy also. I go OWB with a K&D Laredo Defender on a regular basis also.

It's the bigger fella's that would have more issues, I would think - no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan'l Boone View Post
    Skinny is good for carry, if your shoulders are wider than your hips, it makes it real easy to conceal with any untucked shirt.
    I'm 6'-3" and 185lbs, my primary is a 3" Kimber Ultra Carry CDP in either a Maxcon V or a Crossbreed SuperTuck. Tuckable is a whole lot easier for a thin guy also. I go OWB with a K&D Laredo Defender on a regular basis also.

It's the bigger fella's that would have more issues, I would think - no offense.
    Dude, at 6'3" you should be able to pack a carbine down one of your pants legs!
    ---------------------------------------
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    ---------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I'm a pretty skinny guy, like 5'10" and 130 lbs, what do some fellow skinny guys carry and how (holster, position, etc)? Maybe that's a weird question, I don't know.
    I have almost the same stats as you. 5'11" 135lbs and I agree with Dan'l Boon above. I conceal a Glock 19 in a Comp Tac C-TAC under a tee shirt just fine due to shoulder width being just slightly wider than my hips...the gun disappears with the right shirt.

Keltec P3AT in the front or rear pocket easy to hide regardless

Full sized Glock in a C-Tac IWB at 4:30 when I can dress to hide it

Once I figure out the holster I want, the Glock will probably give way to the Keltec PF-9.

My difficulty isn't with the length of the barrel, but with the length and width of the grip on my full sized Glocks. My 29" waist and 36" chest do very little to hide a full length and width Glock grip when I bend. The PF-9 is 1.1" shorter and .3" thinner so it works much better or me.

I am 6' 3" and 165Lbs with a 33" waist., I could easily conceal my Sig P220 with an untucked T-shirt with my IWB holster. I have been carrying the P239 9mm more often though because it prints less and is more conferrable for me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links