How/what do the skinny guys carry?

This is a discussion on How/what do the skinny guys carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a pretty skinny guy, like 5'10" and 130 lbs, what do some fellow skinny guys carry and how (holster, position, etc)? Maybe that's a ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How/what do the skinny guys carry?

How/what do the skinny guys carry?

I'm a pretty skinny guy, like 5'10" and 130 lbs, what do some fellow skinny guys carry and how (holster, position, etc)? Maybe that's a weird question, I don't know.

2. Remove Ads

I'm of reasonably thin stature at 6'0 and about 165lbs. I carry a fullsize 1911 IWB. Doesn't conceal very well under a T-shirt but works fine under a thicker shirt or light vest/jacket etc...

Peace,
    Pete Zaria.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

"Booger Hook Off the Bang Switch" - unknown

I am about 6'1" 175lb, and I carry glock 19/23 in a tt gunleather IWB or Bluegrass Holsters OWB (great holster!). I have also used a Blackhawk Serpa and I usually wear a light over shirt (in Texas) or t-shirt. I have also been known to have a 642 in a bulldog leather in the pocket.

skinny carry

i"m 5"11, about 190# and a southpaw so i carry my g-27 in c-tac
    (infedal) at about 8-9 oclock. comfy and works well for me.
    t-shirt tucked in a casual botton up shirt.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

I'm 6'0 and 240....so I can't help ya.
    God Bless America!!

5'9" 155 lbs

glock 23 ctac iwb at 4 o'clock

wear polo shirts 90% of the time...even wife can't tell

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    ...... what do some fellow skinny guys carry and how (holster, position, etc)? ......
    Who cares !! ...... Actually, I'm just jealous..... Sorry, I'm no help to you mike

Also Curious...

I got recommended by several people to order a Versa Max 2(Follow the link Milt Sparks from the main DC forums page).

I'm also curious to this... I don't have the best posture in the world(some BMX back injuries and laziness contribute). So I don't think carrying on my backside(4-5 oclock) is the best option, simply because I lean forward to support myself alot.

I guess we shall see though, carrying changes the way you go about your daily routine anyway...

I tried the holster that came with my Springfield(Which SUCKS btw, dont ever, ever, ever use it for real carry. It "Locks" the gun in place like it snaps into it, very hard to even get it to go into the holster, let alone come out, I felt like I was going to break the gun I had to pull so hard. With a t-shirt over the gun I could see definite print(OWB). With a button up over top of the t-shirt I didn't see much at all.

I kinda wanted to up myself to a more "GQ'd" look anyway, so I guess alot of button up short-sleeves are in my future :)

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    I'm 5'9" 140#, I carry a full size 1911 in a Brommeland Max-Con V, it conceals well under a cover shirt. That being said, if it prints a little it isn't a big deal to me as most people don't know what they are looking at.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flagflyfish View Post
    I'm 5'9" 140#, I carry a full size 1911 in a Brommeland Max-Con V, it conceals well under a cover shirt. That being said, if it prints a little it isn't a big deal to me as most people don't know what they are looking at.
    And the rest of them don't care. I'm 6'4" @ 200 pounds, not skinny but certainly not fat and I have never had any problems carrying any of my weapons and that runs from a Ruger GP100, Beretta 92 FS all the way down to a 9MM Kel Tec. They are all usally carried at 3,o,clock in a OWB holster.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Tall, skinny fella that trains with our groups used to carry a Para double-stack 1911-style pistol. Recently moved the M&P9, I believe.

-JT

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    I'm about your build. 5'9", 135 pounds. I carry a Kahr P40 in a Comp Tac MTAC, and it pretty much dissapears under a t-shirt in my shorts. I just purchased a new MK9 for my wife, and it TOTALLY dissapears in the same rig, wearing a tshirt and shorts.

I recommend the P9 or P40 if you can handle a tiny print from time to time, and the MK or PM series if you need to bend over. I can wear the MK9 at 3:30 in my MTAC and bend over and touch my toes, it doesn't print at all.

5'7" and 135lbs... little dude I am. It is POSSIBLE to carry my Colt Commander in an Alessi PCH, but the little S&W 642 in a Bluegrass OWB and M&P Compact in various IWB's get carried the most at about 4:00 since the short grip really helps out alot from a concealment standpoint.

It all boils down to individual body shape and what you are comfortable with. What works for most folks doesn't always work for us little guys.

Lead Moderator
    I'm 5'(" and 180 lb. I carry either a full size HK USP or a Springfield Champ IWB. My buddy is 5-7" 160 and caries a G19 IWB. A lot depends on what you wear. Loose T shirts seem to work well for most people.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

5'8 160lbs athletic build, my EDC peace of mind is a M&P40 compact.

My prefered carry method is Appendix 1 o'clock in a Custom Carry Concepts Versaclip with all but the tightest of T-shirts i.e. uniform undershirt or wife beater. At 4-5 o'clock in a COMPTAC M-Tac with any type of shirt for the rare occasions when I print too much appendix carry.

There isnt anything I cant wear my M-Tac with, in a dark colored wife beater I dont print too bad but thats only if you know what to look for. To the untrained eye I am good to go.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links