Does anyone carry a G34/G35 for CCW? Need OWB suggestions...

This is a discussion on Does anyone carry a G34/G35 for CCW? Need OWB suggestions... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to go to the G34 and switch to OWB, but would like to have a high riding OWB if possible. I'm looking at ...

Thread: Does anyone carry a G34/G35 for CCW? Need OWB suggestions...

I want to go to the G34 and switch to OWB, but would like to have a high riding OWB if possible. I'm looking at teh Garrity "Stead-fast" right now, but wanted to get an idea of what is working for others that carry concealed daily.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    You CANNOT go wrong with Marks work. Top notch all of the way.
    You may want the hi ride to get the long muzzle of the 34 off of the ground and more conceable. But consider this...unless your long waisted and short armed, your'e gonna be pulling the gun out of your armpit upon presentation.
    Something to consider is more cant, med ride and wear it farther back than usual by a tad.
    Shoot well..............
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Good Points Eric,

I've been researching all night and think I want something like the Alessi CQC/S for easy on off, and I've read a lot of good stuff about it. Not sure it was made for the G34 though. I'm checking with lightningarms now.

GGL
    Eric,
    Thanks for the recommendation.
    Some clarification here-Even though my Stead-Fast rides rather high, there's no real contortion during the draw because the front is cut low; down to the ejection port and level with the belt line. So once the muzzle is raised to the top of the belt the firearm is drawn.
    "He who works with his hands is a labourer, He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman, He who works with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist." (St. Francis of Assisi)
    Mark Garrity
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Oregonshooter I don't carry a 34 but i shoot one a lot. I carry a 19 in a Blade-tech IWB holster,but i shoot a lot of USPSA/IDPA matches and i use my 34 in a Comp-Tac holster.They have a OWB holster that you might be interested in because it rides high on the waist,too high for my taste, but may be just what your looking for.These holsters are very fast, and the Comp-tac customer service is top notch.Check them out.

Thanks for the help guys, and Mark for pointing out the cut on the belt line.

My real issue that I'm dealing with is the easy on/off as I have to dis-gun when I get to work and many times it's in the parking lot. My old carry mode is a VM-II so taking the rig off is easy to do discretely. I'm torn between the high ride that requires loops and the easy on/off of a CQC/S.

Lightning arms did not have anything in G34 length so I will likely get Mark's rig as I'm getting tired of year long waits for quality leather. I know Mark's stuff is top notch, and the wait times are very reasonable.

ramtough47,
    I have had a C.T.A.C. in the past and like Comp-Tac's stuff, but I'm just not a Kydex guy.

Mark,
    I didn't notice this before, but you ACCELORATOR PADDLE HOLSTER is using the same holster as the Stead-fast. That would solve my easy on/off issue.

From the photo it looks like the paddle rides quite a bit lower though. Is that the case? Is it realistic to cover this rig with a heavy t-shirt or does it stick out from the body a bit?

Printed out a form and will sending off for one of the above along with that Aviator ASAP.

Never mind, I sent off the Aviator today and a request for the stead-fast. I'll go with max concealment first and see if I can't live with the belt slot issue.

Links