My new stand in carry rig...Don Hume

This is a discussion on My new stand in carry rig...Don Hume within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a High-noon Slide Guard...with the horsehide..lined all that stuff..but it's 25 weeks out, so I go on the prowl for something alot sooner ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new stand in carry rig...Don Hume

I ordered a High-noon Slide Guard...with the horsehide..lined all that stuff..but it's 25 weeks out, so I go on the prowl for something alot sooner in the meantime. I found a Don Hume H721OT as a standin holster..I must say..it's a pretty damn nice holster for $40.00 plus shipping. I was able to find one at Gun Holsters and Shooting Accessories at Discounted Prices and it was here in 3 days. I tell you what, I can't wait for my High-noon to show up, but int he meantime, I have a pretty decent standin..here's some pics..Now, if I can just get my belt that I ordered also..I'll be in good shape..in the meantime, I'm going to be burning through the $20.00 jobbers like every month or so..lol.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jaymzo; May 24th, 2008 at 08:46 AM.
    I don't try anything...I just do it!

VIP Member
    That is a darn nice looking OWB holster!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I prefer IWB's, but that is a great looking leather holster...enjoy!

Stay armed...use good leather...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Don Hume does make a very nice holster.... I have two of them - one for my Glock 19/23c and one for my Glock 26.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Hume makes some solid holsters at bargain prices... what belt did you end up ordering?
    ---------------------------------------
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    ---------------------------------------

The H721OT is my favorite holster for my G21, and I have one on the way for my G17 as well. I had an Agent 711 for my XD45 that I also really liked, although I could do without the thumb break.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Looks like DH makes the body shield a little trimmer. I like that look much better then the product pic's they show for the holster. Now I'm gonna order the Hume too as a stand-in. Thanks for the pic's!

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    That's a nice looking holster, especially for the price!

Instead of burning through cheapo belts every month (and dealing with sagging leather), why not order a Wilderness 5 stitch Instructor belt (nylon) to get you through until your belt arrives? It'll cost you two months worth of cheap belts, works great, will last you a lifetime and you'll always have that added option. You'll have it within days of ordering.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

WOW, thats exactly what I ordered. I love it. I carry my Karh MK9/Colt Pocket Nine in it. Its simply fantastic. It hold the guns high and tight to the body, very concealable. I'm impressed.
    Jesus said "and if you dont have a sword (AK), sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Instead of burning through cheapo belts every month (and dealing with sagging leather), why not order a Wilderness 5 stitch Instructor belt (nylon) to get you through until your belt arrives? It'll cost you two months worth of cheap belts, works great, will last you a lifetime and you'll always have that added option. You'll have it within days of ordering.
    AND ... you can "micro-adjust" the belt tension for just the right amount of support and comfort. I wear mine a good bit but I REALLY like it during the Holidays. I always eat way too much at Thanksgiving and Christmas but I can let the belt out just a little and it's much more comfortable.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by GingerKid View Post
    Hume makes some solid holsters at bargain prices... what belt did you end up ordering?

I ordered a belt from Rafter S Gun-Leather. However, I'm leaning on purchasing one with the reinforced like a High-Noon belt. Rafter's was the shortest wait time for my needs.
    I don't try anything...I just do it!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzo View Post
    I ordered a belt from Rafter S Gun-Leather. However, I'm leaning on purchasing one with the reinforced like a High-Noon belt. Rafter's was the shortest wait time for my needs.

I have a brown cowhide and a burgandy shark belt from Rafters "S". I am very pleased with my purchase. The shark is tougher than nails and is over a year old. It looks like I got it yesterday.

I bought "1" Don Hume holster..... and liked it so much, I now have 6.... IWB & OWB for 3 different guns. They are a snug fit, but a very good fit to the gun, seem to hold up good, good quailty, etc. And, they've been very good to deal with. You can order direct from them.

Wait till that slide guard comes in, you will have your next holster drawer victim.
    Great Choice on the slide guard!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

What you're actually saying here is that pending your expensive-reliable-socially separable-peer acceptable holster arrival, you've settled on a 'cheapo' holster to tide you bye, and you're rather impressed by it. How far off base am I really? See, to some of us, $40 aint 'cheapo', but $9.99 might be. Maybe you still have time to cancel your order, fall in love with the 'cheapo', and spend more on ammo. Maybe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links