First Time IWB

This is a discussion on First Time IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Carried IWB for the first time today in a Hidden Ally from High Noon. Was really pleased how comfortable it was at 4 o'clock with ...

Thread: First Time IWB

First Time IWB

Carried IWB for the first time today in a Hidden Ally from High Noon. Was really pleased how comfortable it was at 4 o'clock with a Cardinals jersey tucked in. Tried appendix but that will take some getting used to and could not get it positioned quite right. Was glad to have my pocket freed up also.

Ran into the real problem with 4 o'clock IWB in a tuckable holster when I went to a theatre here that was posted. disarming was a royal pain. Will definitely need to practice that. Retucking around an empty holster was difficult. I will definitely try to avoid places that are posted from now on...
    Facts are negotiable, perceptions are not.

2. Remove Ads

Glad you like it!!! We are fans of Appendix carry at HNH. Like it for driving and sitting at a desk, for us there is no faster place to have it. Here is a tip that may help if you sit alot. Questions

Take Care
    Justin
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Welcome to IWB club Its a great feeling when you find that sweet spot for holsters, just a note though be carefull with empty IWB holsters if they do not have a reenforced band at the opening they can over time flaten out making it harder to reholster, so if your able you might be better off removing the holster when disarming~ Good luck and always wear you can.
    Last edited by Craiger; May 26th, 2008 at 06:55 PM.
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    Glad you like it!!! We are fans of Appendix carry at HNH. Like it for driving and sitting at a desk, for us there is no faster place to have it. Here is a tip that may help if you sit alot. Questions

Take Care
    Justin
    Thanks for the link. It is the sitting position that was causing the problem. I will continue to experiment. Kudos for such a good product at a very reasonable price.

Will PM with a holster specific question.

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post

Take Care
    Justin
    Carrying appendix today. So far so good. By this evening I will either be grumpy or very happy. Also, thanks for the PM on the holster adjustment. Good customer service.

Any chance of different clip options in the near future? Really wishing for a velcro clip on this holster.

Clip options, not right now but a great idea. It would not be that hard cause we produce that clip in house.

As for your IWB today, give it time. If its that uncomfortable take it off and then the next day increase your time wearing it. In no time you will be able to carry all day without even knowing.

Take Care
    Alex
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    What are you carrying?

I appendix carry my Glock 26 with the Hidden Ally. I am at the point where removing the holster (gun and all), is quick and easy:

I put my weak-hand thumb on top of the clip, first two fingers at the bottom of the clip, flex the bottom of the clip out past the belt and pull up. My strong hand thumb and first finger hold the belt so it doesn't rise when I pull the holster up. Once the clip has cleared the belt, I am able to get a better grasp on the gun and holster (still with my weak hand), and finish removing it. YMMV (your mileage may vary), but it works real well for me.

I don't carry the holster empty for the reason Craiger mentioned. I'd post pictures, but my digital camera is deceased; I've wanted to post pictures too, just to brag on this holster - price point, construction, and performance are great IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by DistantHorizon View Post
    I appendix carry my Glock 26 with the Hidden Ally. I am at the point where removing the holster (gun and all), is quick and easy:

I put my weak-hand thumb on top of the clip, first two fingers at the bottom of the clip, flex the bottom of the clip out past the belt and pull up. My strong hand thumb and first finger hold the belt so it doesn't rise when I pull the holster up. Once the clip has cleared the belt, I am able to get a better grasp on the gun and holster (still with my weak hand), and finish removing it. YMMV (your mileage may vary), but it works real well for me.

I don't carry the holster empty for the reason Craiger mentioned. I'd post pictures, but my digital camera is deceased; I've wanted to post pictures too, just to brag on this holster - price point, construction, and performance are great IMHO.
    Thanks. Will give it a try.

Also still carrying continuously appendix IWB all day. Not bad at all. Works really well.

Just a thought, the upgrade to that holster is here Public Secret w/clip

You may not be ready for it at this point, but its something to think about if you go to a shooting class. Its much thicker but it has to be to support all the extras.

Take Care
    Alex
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

Links