Blackhawk

Blackhawk

This is a discussion on Blackhawk within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does the Serpa level 2 attach with to your belt? l just watched a clip on U Tube where someone stripped what appeared to be ...

Thread: Blackhawk

Blackhawk

Does the Serpa level 2 attach with to your belt? l just watched a clip on U Tube where someone stripped what appeared to be a blackhawk right off a man from behind.
    It is not wrong to be Right
    An apeaser is a man who hopes that the crocidle eats him last

I've seen the Fobus video where they break the gun off with the holster, but I always thought that was kind of silly because taking a gun from someone with a poor gun grip is just as easy.

If it was a video of a fat dude having a holster ripped off, that was a Fobus holster. The early models of the CQC/SERPA had the possibility of coming off. Since the design was re-engineered and larger head and thicker screws were used, has not been a problem.

I use my SERPA using the paddle (occassionally, the belt attachment)--never a worry.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I don't think anyone could ever rip a Blackhawk CQC w/Serpa holster off. I finally had to cut the tab off on the paddle portion because I could not even get it off. If you don't want someone stealing your gun, this is the holster for you. I love mine. And that was a fobus on you tube.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    My SERPA came with both a belt loop and a paddle. I prefer the paddle.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    One of my university's police officers carries his SIG in a Fobus paddle with no other gear or mags. I got a giggle out of it.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    One of my university's police officers carries his SIG in a Fobus paddle with no other gear or mags. I got a giggle out of it.
    The day he runs out of bullets will be the day he needs new underwear!

Why would one want to put a $500-$800 gun in a $35 plastic holster?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Why would one want to put a $500-$800 gun in a $35 plastic holster?
    Because they work well in my view. I have carried CCW, at times, Fobus Paddle holsters for J Frames, Glock 26, and 1911.
    I have used them for over 10 years without any problems. I realize other's experiences might be different, but I can only go by my personal experience which is extensive with Fobus.

I especially like them on the range as I can change holsters easily. I have found that the 1911 holster works for the Makarov, Kahr P9, and 1911.

I normally wear different holsters mostly leather from top makers, but Sunday I found it convenient to wear a Comp-Tac Paddle with one of their mag carriers for my Kahr P9.

I use what works, and do not let cost, either high or low, dissuade me. What do I care how much it costs?

As for the video, in my view it is rather stupid. What would you do if someone ran up to you and grabbed for your holster/gun? I think I know. You might even have a knife in the off pocket/hand.
    I also had an instructor try to grab and rip mine off, and he was unable to do so with one quick grab. I would not just stand and let someone do that.

I will concede that the Fobus is not of high quality, but I like them better than Uncle Mike, or a Galco Leather Paddle holster I bought before I knew better. Both, and especially the Galco rides too high and the gun tends to ride out away from the body. The Fobus holds the gun close to the body, although not as tight as a good pancake.
    Why would I sometimes select the Fobus over a Brommeland, Sparks, Andrews, Kramer or other quality leather holsters that I own?
    Because it works and is sometimes more convenient as I do not wear a holster at home and I can slip it on when I run to the store.

If I just had one holster it would not be a Fobus. The Comp-Tac is a much better holster overall.

PS If you are concealed how would someone know you have a Fobus anyway?

Regards,
    Jerry

I too will also use a Fobus hoster often. When I CC day in and day out it is usually of that type, either for a H/P, Walther P99, or maybe a Jframe. I like the fact that I can easily remove the weapon and hoster very easily should I have to. However, with that said I also will use a quality leather hoster when I shoot competition since it is much smoother and maybe ever a little faster at least for me. So botton line I love both, depending on the moment.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Lead Moderator
    I carry in Serpa holster with the paddle attached. Nothing wrong with it, it gets the job done.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Sponsored Links