Carry Purses Stylish??

This is a discussion on Carry Purses Stylish?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Would appreciate any info CCW licensed ladies could give me on stylish carry purses. Have any of you run across current trend stylish carry purses? ...

Thread: Carry Purses Stylish??

Carry Purses Stylish??

Would appreciate any info CCW licensed ladies could give me on stylish carry purses. Have any of you run across current trend stylish carry purses? You know what I mean, I have looked at Coronado,Galco, Jagwear,and a few others and seen nothing but plain jane purses...am looking for something stylish to get my fiance, she is very picky and saw most the brands and said no. Brown and black are the genneral choices. Thanks.
    Glock 19/FEG/FM HiPowers/Keltec P32 for me. When I can't use my 870,N98 or Marlin .30-30 of course...

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Well, I have no idea what you consider "stylish" because in the last Galco catalog I looked through I saw some VERY nice (and what I would certainly consider stylish) purses for carry. I have even showed them to a few gals who've come into the shop looking for purses to carry in and they have really liked what they've seen from Galco.

They are expensive and I do not have any experience carrying any of them as I do not purse carry but I find that a lot of their carry purses are very attractive. After all, they are marketed to professional women. Also, they had a few really cute, funky looking purses as well.

But then again, I have no idea what you would consider stylish.

Take her with you to the next gunshow, there should be a lot of selection along with brands to pick from. Plus you will stay out of the dog house by letting her make the selection.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

My GF went crazy at the Coronado booth last SHOT Show. She thought they were great and wanted them all. I let her choose one. Excellent quality, far surpassed the Galco stuff that we looked at also.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

She has done checked out Coronado,Galco and other sites and found nothing she liked. Which is why I asked a "lady's" opinion. I think she is too damn picky about it personally... but anyway.
    Glock 19/FEG/FM HiPowers/Keltec P32 for me. When I can't use my 870,N98 or Marlin .30-30 of course...

how about having her pick out a purse that she likes and then getting a slip in holster system from raven conceaslment systems (or something similar custom made by someone else...or yourself) ... for course there are more budget friendly options out there, but this is both made for a bag and specific to her setup. Bag Holster

My wife has a very nice purse that was made by Coronado. This model may be discontinued now though. She wanted something small,but that would still work.

Ron

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

I just rode this trail again with my wife. Last round, she ended up with the (very least stylish) Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack. Carried all she needed to, but she sure didn't like it.
    So, checked out Galco, ordered the "American Hobo" from Coronado - which she said looked classy, stylish, all those other words. After about a month, it arrived and craftsmanship was stunning. However.....the concealed carry center pocket isn't really in the center, it's under the outside leather. So, she fills up the purse, puts her G19 in the pocket, and a G19 is clearly visible through the leather.
    Sent that back --- and then she started looking for stylish, heavy-duty made purses and forgot the gun-carry option. She got some kind of bag from Levenger.com, loves it, and she and I worked out a way to just mount a holster inside it.
    If there's a better way to do this, I haven't found it. I guess if she were carrying just a Kel-Tec or something, a made-for-concealed-carry purse would work, but our situation led us to look at purses first, then she's happy, then we both figure out how to make it hold a gun.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I spent $200 on a " carry purse " for momma , and it sets . She carrys in a 50 buck leather buttpack using the "hidden" compartment , and the velcro ment to secure a billfold . I have to say tho when you look at it there is no way you would expect a .45 to come out of it lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I guess Prada and Coach are missing a great opportunity!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

My wife really likes these from Galco.

Nicely made, but they are lighter than full leather. For the first month or so, she complained even it was too heavy, but I think she has gotten more used to it.

Picture 1 for Galco Eclipse Holster Handbag w/ FREE UPS ECPCL ECPCB ECPBK - DFBFBA

I even got snapped at when I interrupted her "process" of transferring her pistol from the glove box to the purse.

Links