Fist Holsters and the GP100 - Page 2

Fist Holsters and the GP100

This is a discussion on Fist Holsters and the GP100 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Personally...I think the GP100 should be carried in an OWB holster...for me, that is the most comfortable. If you want IWB, well...there are many holster ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Personally...I think the GP100 should be carried in an OWB holster...for me, that is the most comfortable. If you want IWB, well...there are many holster makers of great repute besides Sparks. I think El Paso makes fabulous holsters...my IWB is from them:

It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

I find with IWB stuff, people either like the offset loops like the VM2 or the "centered" loops like the summer special.
    It depends on the gun, but I like the Summer Special II because I don't have a lot of waist to spare. 5'06" and 140# soaking wet.

Biker

hello dawgfvr

As you may be right about the GP100 being "best" as an OWB gun, I just can't feel confident about concealment with an OWB holster.

I did consider that El Paso holster you have shown there, but I am leary about the lack of a front loop.

In light of these opinions of mine I decided to go with the FIST #20. It IWB only and adjustable. If I can't find comfy position with that, then maybe IWB and the GP100 just don't go together. And since I already ordered it I can't continue to change my mind.

The fist 20 seems similar to that El Paso, but has a front loop.

It depends on the gun, but I like the Summer Special II because I don't have a lot of waist to spare. 5'06" and 140# soaking wet.
    Well that makes sense then, your one of those skinny guys.
    I'm 6'3" and 215# and I believe I'm partial to offset loops.

Quote Originally Posted by FullEffect1911 View Post
    hello dawgfvr

As you may be right about the GP100 being "best" as an OWB gun, I just can't feel confident about concealment with an OWB holster.

I did consider that El Paso holster you have shown there, but I am leary about the lack of a front loop.

In light of these opinions of mine I decided to go with the FIST #20. It IWB only and adjustable. If I can't find comfy position with that, then maybe IWB and the GP100 just don't go together. And since I already ordered it I can't continue to change my mind.

The fist 20 seems similar to that El Paso, but has a front loop.

Well that makes sense then, your one of those skinny guys.
    I'm 6'3" and 215# and I believe I'm partial to offset loops.
    The #20 looks like a good choice but after carrying the GP100 IWB for awhile you may rethink your preference. My #14 gives me either option but most of the time I'm carrying OWB and doing whatever is necessary to dress around it for concealment. To each his own of course and if you are anything like me you will wind up with a box of holsters sitting out in the garage that just weren't quite satisfactory.

Fist for Me

Quote Originally Posted by FullEffect1911 View Post
    Previously I was considering a Don Hume OWB for my 3" GP100, but just before I was about to order I decided against it.

I have been stumbling around looking for IWB holster options that wouldn't take 4 months to get and I came to Fist.

Not only do I like their designs, but they actually answered their email promptly! I can get behind that kind of service! (for the record UBG was very responsive too, just couldn't do the gp100)

So fist it is.

But the holster I like are:
    #11 CLOSE CROPPED COMBINATION
    #14 COMBINATION
    #19 CLOSE CROPPED ADJUSTABLE IWB
    #20 ADJUSTABLE IWB

They all pretty much cost the same and Fist said they can make any of their holsters for my GP100.

Does anyone have any experience with these models that may be of help to me? Are all of these models pretty much the same? Will the GP100 lend itself better to one of these models then the other?

I'm pretty excited about these holsters.

I have #14 Combination for Glock 26 and #70 Vertical Shoulder Holster for Glock 30 SF and I love them dearly. Fist is a great company!

jp

carrying the GP100 IWB for awhile you may rethink your preference.
    I was carrying my sig p220 ST IWB and I think that was actually heavier then the GP100. That wasn't to bad. I also think the #20 is an excellent holster, but I went out on a limb to try and get the best possible IWB holster in a reasonable time.

Fist is a great company!
    I'm even starting to gain a fondness for their products and I don't even own one yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links