Fist Holsters and the GP100

This is a discussion on Fist Holsters and the GP100 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Previously I was considering a Don Hume OWB for my 3" GP100, but just before I was about to order I decided against it. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fist Holsters and the GP100

Fist Holsters and the GP100

Previously I was considering a Don Hume OWB for my 3" GP100, but just before I was about to order I decided against it.

I have been stumbling around looking for IWB holster options that wouldn't take 4 months to get and I came to Fist.

Not only do I like their designs, but they actually answered their email promptly! I can get behind that kind of service! (for the record UBG was very responsive too, just couldn't do the gp100)

So fist it is.

But the holster I like are:
    #11 CLOSE CROPPED COMBINATION
    #14 COMBINATION
    #19 CLOSE CROPPED ADJUSTABLE IWB
    #20 ADJUSTABLE IWB

They all pretty much cost the same and Fist said they can make any of their holsters for my GP100.

Does anyone have any experience with these models that may be of help to me? Are all of these models pretty much the same? Will the GP100 lend itself better to one of these models then the other?

I'm pretty excited about these holsters.

2. Remove Ads

I don't have any of the models you list, but I do have a #12 Basic for my 3" GP100. Here's a crappy pic:

It's an okay holster. The molding doesn't line up perfectly with the gun. It's probably molded with an adjustable sighted model (with has a slightly different frame profile) and just cut short for the barrel.

I like the #9 FIST for my 3 inch GP100:

Wears mighty fine:

It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Sounds like you only want an OWB, I have the #12 for my Glock-36, but I seldom use an OWB. I do, however, have over 2 dozen other Fist holsters and really like them.
    If you try an IWB, the #1A with a cant/body protector is a great little holser...I have at least 5 or 6 of that model alone.

Stay armed...get a Fist...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

well I actually would much prefer an IWB over an OWB. I feel much more confident they are concealed. Also single clip IWB holsters tend to move a lot when I wear them, so I want to double snaps.

I have a single metal clip Don Hume IWB for the GP100 that I really don't like. It rides too high, and there isn't enough leather near the barrel so it stabs me in the leg when I wear it. Not a lot of money invested in that holster though, so no big loss.

Is there a good reason to get the wider Fist holsters over the close cropped ones?

Quote Originally Posted by FullEffect1911 View Post
    well I actually would much prefer an IWB over an OWB. I feel much more confident they are concealed. Also single clip IWB holsters tend to move a lot when I wear them, so I want to double snaps.

I have a single metal clip Don Hume IWB for the GP100 that I really don't like. It rides too high, and there isn't enough leather near the barrel so it stabs me in the leg when I wear it. Not a lot of money invested in that holster though, so no big loss.

Is there a good reason to get the wider Fist holsters over the close cropped ones?
    If you want an IWB, I'd pony up the money and get a Sparks Summer Special II. That's what I use for my 3" GP100.

Biker

If you want an IWB, I'd pony up the money and get a Sparks Summer Special II. That's what I use for my 3" GP100
    I would certainly love to have a sparks holster, but my patience only stretches so far. I think I would actually like a Texas Heritage revolver IWB even more.

But fist seems to combine a reasonable wait time with a quality product.

I tired emailing bluegrass holsters but I got no response, I imagine the proprietor is quite busy.

I have the #14 that I use for my GP100, a #46 for my S&W 686, a #12 for my S&W Model 19 and have ordered a #12 for my SP101. I like the product, the price, the turnaround time and the general customer service. I'm not prepared to wait for 6 months and more for an artiste to handcraft a work of art for me. You'll be happy with FIST.

Do you find the #14 to be too big? I'm trying to limit my choices.

I would be thrilled if you could post a picture of the GP100 fist #14 holster.

Do you find the #14 to be too big? I'm trying to limit my choices.

I would be thrilled if you could post a picture of the GP100 fist #14 holster.
    Click on the website below. I do not find the #14 to be too big but remember, I carry a big gun in it. (GP100). The holster can be used IWB by use of the removeable belt loops that come with it. IMO, these holsters are head and shoulders above Galco or Bianchi. An added attraction is the selection variety they carry and the large gun list that they can accomodate. I sound like a stockholder but I'm not.

FIST, INC.

Yeah, but I would like to see a picture of the specific version of the #14 for the Gp100. Often times I notice that holsters for semi autos and revolvers seem to ride very differently. I guess some manufacturers think the cylinder has to be above the belt line, which I really don't like. If you don't have a picture handy that's fine too. I was just wondering. Either way I appreciate your advice about them.

With the Summer Special II my cylinder, with a 3" GP100 is at or below the belt line.

Biker

On man... BikerRN would you like to sell me that fine holster of yours?

I did narrow it down to the #11 or #14 however, I figure if i don't like the IWB at least I have an OWB backup.

On man... BikerRN would you like to sell me that fine holster of yours?

I did narrow it down to the #11 or #14 however, I figure if i don't like the IWB at least I have an OWB backup.

PM me and we can discuss it.

I will warn you though, the price will be about triple what a new one would cost you.

Actually, mine's not for sale. I was just trying to answer some of your questions and "steer" you in what I consider the "right" direction.

There is no doubt that you will have to wait if you order from Milt Sparks. The good thing is, they are very very good about estimating when you will receive your Holster, unlike a lot of makers out there.

I'm currently waiting on a Del Fatti. The last I heard he had a two year waiting list. I don't mind waiting if the maker is honest and up front about the wait, which Matt Del Fatti is.

Good luck with whatever you decide upon and take care.

Biker

I will warn you though, the price will be about triple what a new one would cost you.
    I would actually think you just may be able to get that.

I find with IWB stuff, people either like the offset loops like the VM2 or the "centered" loops like the summer special.

I'm not sure yet where I stand on that one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links