Comp-Tac service question

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac service question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I placed my order on Tuesday and got two computer generated confirmation e-mails. The e-mails are labeled as receipts and they list an order number, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I placed my order on Tuesday and got two computer generated confirmation e-mails. The e-mails are labeled as receipts and they list an order number, price, card type used, etc.

I checked in the "my account" section each day since and it continues to tell me that I have placed no orders and the MTAC is still showing up in my shopping cart.

Naturally I was a bit confused since the receipt I received doesn't agree with the rest of their system. I sent an e-mail on Thursday (I think) asking if my order was in their system or not.

I have not heard back from them after 2 days but I'm not sure what their turnaround on e-mailed questions are. Alot of companies respond within the hour.

I'm mainly curious if anyone else has had confusion in their ordering system like this and how quickly I can expect a response to my e-mail.

JD
    Administrator
    I ordered over the phone, I got all my questions answered in a matter of minutes and had the rig ordered.

Give 'em a call: (281)209-3040

Senior Moderator
    Give them a ring - their customer service is really outstanding.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I presume that their customer service is closed on Saturday correct? Shouldn't customer service be checking their e-mail too? I sent an e-mail 2 days ago and haven't heard anything back yet.

Also, there doesn't seem to be an 800 number so I'd have to call on my own dime (so to speak).

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Dove View Post
    I presume that their customer service is closed on Saturday correct? Shouldn't customer service be checking their e-mail too? I sent an e-mail 2 days ago and haven't heard anything back yet.

Also, there doesn't seem to be an 800 number so I'd have to call on my own dime (so to speak).
    Correct, they are open Monday-Friday. Which email address did you email? They have two listed. Also, there may have been a delay over the holiday. I'm sure you'll hear back from them.

Contact Us

At Comp-Tac, customer service is one of our top priorities and we want to ensure your needs are being met. Contact us using the information below or you may send us an email message directly from this page.

Comp-Tac Victory Gear
    P.O. Box 1809
    Spring, Texas 77383-1809

9am-5pm Central - Monday-Friday

Phone:
    281-209-3040

Email for Orders:
    sales@comp-tac.com

Email for General Questions:
    info@comp-tac.com

Administrator
    Cool your jets, you emailed a small family run business on a holiday weekend... they'll get back to you.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Comp-Tac

I have ordered over the phone and by email. Their product and service are outstanding.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

B52
    Comp-Tac is a great company. I have purchased many holsters from them and always get them fast. I love their customer service and Smarties too...Be patient you won't regret it!

I ordered two from their website and both arrived three days later. I didn't check "my account" during that time, though, to see if it showed them on order.

There customer service is outstanding.. They keep you informed all of the way. I ordered my Spartan for my Glock 27,and even with Memorial Day I still got my holster made, and to my door in 5 days with standard priority shipping! They are simply amazing, and a outstanding small company.

apearantly there is a flaw in the web based ordering system that they refer to as a "ghost order". I received a confirmation number but nobody at comp-tac saw my order.

I had to call them in order to get it resolved. The rep was able to find my order after rooting around in their computer system for a few minutes. It was already a week old at that point.

She happily moved my order to the front of the line and had it shipped "next day" so it ended up arriving about 3 or 4 days earlier than I would have gotten it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Dove View Post
    apearantly there is a flaw in the web based ordering system that they refer to as a "ghost order". I received a confirmation number but nobody at comp-tac saw my order.

I had to call them in order to get it resolved. The rep was able to find my order after rooting around in their computer system for a few minutes. It was already a week old at that point.

She happily moved my order to the front of the line and had it shipped "next day" so it ended up arriving about 3 or 4 days earlier than I would have gotten it otherwise.
    The "ghost order" thing happened to me about a year ago. I was able to straighten it out on the phone with them. After that I placed 2 more orders with Comp Tac with no further problems. They are an excellent company and they put out excellent kydex holsters.

Good to hear they took care of you! Their reputation stands.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Cool your jets, you emailed a small family run business on a holiday weekend... they'll get back to you.
    I wouldn't be so totally condescending dude......I've emailed that "small family company" 3 times about a MTAC for my PT140 and have yet to receive an response. [I]'m not sure they even return emails. I prefer email conversations, but am calling them in the morning to see if I can get a MTAC.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tallone View Post
    I wouldn't be so totally condescending dude......I've emailed that "small family company" 3 times about a MTAC for my PT140 and have yet to receive an response. [I]'m not sure they even return emails. I prefer email conversations, but am calling them in the morning to see if I can get a MTAC.

Thanks
    They do return emails but what you have to remember is that they are a small company and their business has skyrocketed in the past couple months. Give them a call, they will get you fixed up. Sometimes emails don't go through, sometimes they accidentally get deleted. This company honestly has the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with, period...
    "The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... The answer to criminal aggression is retaliation."-- Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC.

"We didn't fight our way all the way to the top of the food chain to become vegetarians."-- Unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links